RGB Cable to VGA

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jork40, Oct 11, 2001.

1. jork40

jork40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just changed my projector & my 7m rgb cable wich is scart to 4 bnc conectors does not fit my new projector,so I would like to just buy a short lead to conect my cable to, a 1 metre 4 bnc to 15pin d-sub,my problem is I cant seem to find one anywhere I got a 15 pin d-sub to 4 bnc from maplin but acording to advice I have had these cables are directional & this one gives no signal at all, could anyone in the know please help with some advice thanks in anticipation

2. RichardA

RichardA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't say what your projector is, but a couple of points,

A 15 pin D-Sub - I guess you mean a density and a half D type (three rows of pins, same size as a standard 9pin RS232 plug) as used for VGA. These are generally for non-interlaced PC sources and are generally 5 wire (RGBH&V) although some (read MAC) can be 4 wire (RGBS) they will usually expect TTL level (5Volt) sync, not the 0.3V sync from SCART.

VGA to BNC cables (whether 4 or 5 BNC) are NOT directional - as long as the sex of the VGA plug is correct (and any VGA sex changer will be fine to correct it if it is wrong)then it will pass the video on the correct pins.

So, I'm afraid my best guess is that you now have an LCD or DLP office type projector that probably has video capability with composite and maybe S-Video and the only other connection is the VGA computer input which will not accept low resolution video. If that's the case there isn't an easy way out except to use something like the Iscan Pro to de-interlace the video - sorry!

I hope this is of some help at least.

Richard Ansell
    Snell & Wilcox