Rf2 troubles

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Toby007, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Toby007

Toby007
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can someone please help me as I'm abit stuck.

I have looked at a job where there are 2 x sky boxes. The lounge sky box rf2 output goes straight to the amp in the loft and distributes this Chanel around the house. The 2nd box is in the master bedroom. They now want a new tv point in their extension with freeview and the rf2 out of there master bedroom sky box. I was originally thinking that I could take a coax from existing amp to a new amp to provide aerial feed, then put the rf2 from bedroom into this amp, then coax down to new tv. But as there would technically be 2 x rf2's joined through the amps would this interfere with each other? Hope this all makes sense and any help would be much appreciated,

Many thanks Toby

2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    There is no problem with the RF signals from the two boxes as the RF output channel can be changed in the "hidden" menus on the Sky boxes - "Services" "0" "0" "1" "Select" (on HD boxes) OR "Services" "4" "0" "1" "Select" (on SD boxes). The problems arise if they wish to use "magic eyes" to control both boxes - in which case you will need something like the Global CPC4 ( Skylink satellite tv remote control magic eye extenders or a wireless remote control extender such as the Powermid (on the same web page) on one of the boxes. With this setup both Sky boxes could be viewable and controlled on all TVs.

3. Toby007

Toby007
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Excellent, thanks that makes sence. Thanks again

4. Toby007

Toby007
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry just thinking, if the sky box has a coax connected from the amp to the aerial input, would the rf2 also supply a new tv with freeview. This way I wouldn't need to buy an amp ect? Thanks Toby

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  5. Stevenage Neil

Stevenage Neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +897
    On one Sky box plug the terrestrial aerial into RF In. Take this box's RF2 output to RF In on the other Sky box. Take RF2 from the second Sky box to the input of the amplifier/distributor.

Job done!

6. magoo1

magoo1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Yes but... surely that would only work if there were no magic eyes involved. Can't imagine how you could get the signal back to box 1 without a bit of jiggery pokery!!

7. MartinPickering

MartinPickering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    Yes, each Sky box with a Freeview signal fed into its aerial input will output that signal together with its own RF output analogue channel. Make sure that the RF analogue channel doesn't conflict with any Freeview multiplex UHF channel number. (Normally it won't because the default is 68.)