RF2 Output Picture terrible

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by chedmaster, Mar 5, 2005.

1. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I have put up with a bad picture from my Sky Digibox in my bedroom (digibox in lounge - no home cinema in there) for ages, then came across the fact that changing the RF channel number can improve the quality, avoiding interference from local broadcasts.
    I managed to get a good picture for about a day, then it got worse, so i tried every single channel and none of them produce a high quality image, what do i do???
    1. Any suggestions on improving the RF2 quality? (it goes to a powered splitter in loft and on to 4 tvs, but only 2 are used)
    2. Could i use a 1 to 4 scart adapter on the tv scart output on the digibox and then connect a scart to s video cable, then an s video extension to the bedroom? (would this produce an s video signal or would it just not work)

Thanks guys.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    if possible try taking the feed from RF2 direct to a TV and see what the picture is like (may mean luggung a 14" into loft or joining 2 cables to bypass Amp

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    just tried that, perfect picture on tv apart from light wavy lines, which i sorted out by changing the output channel no., just plugged it back into amp as it was before, and the picture is 10x worse in the bedroom than before the the swap!

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    dodgy Distribtuion AMP? does aerial feed DA??? and then to 4 TV's or is main TV fed from roof in-out sky and up to DA to 4 extra points?

5. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    second one, main aerial down to sky, in out and up to amp then to 4 tvs, one of which is a bare unused wire, one is an unused wire with plug on end, one to plasma downstairs (i live in a pub) and one to bedroom - 28" widescreen.
    thanks for your quick replies

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Lucky you!
    Remove the unused wires from DA and with only two screens (is plasma connected by RF?!?!?!) where is sky box?

7. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    yes plasma is connected with RF!, but its only used before pub opens now because we now subscribe to private home sky instead of paying about £10,000 a day for Pub Sky (i want plasma in bedroom! but only 17 so...). The box is in the lounge upstairs - where it is connected to tv by scart and rf (cos parents like pressing 5 rather than av!) - could these 2 signals interefere with each other? i seem to remember tuning bedroom tv in after RF2 channel change, and then when i tuned lounge tv in (connected by rf1 out) i think the picture got worse on bedroom tv.

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    use RF1 to connect PArents TV and RF2 to feed DA system

9. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    thats how it is, sorry if that was unclear, i just changed it to channel 27 (which was bad quality earlier) and it seems ok in fact atm i am watching matrix revolutions on sky movies with picture comparable to PAL scart output - i just hope it stays that way this time!