RF2 Output on Sky Plus

phfjones

Standard Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help me with this one?

I have just put in Sky Plus today and retired my five year old Pace Digibox-What a difference in picture!

The problem I seem to have is that I pipe the signal around the house using the RF2 output. The picture on all the TV's around the house was fine until I put the Sky Plus box in. The picture on all the other TV's is now snowy. I have tried resetting the MHz frequency (rescanning) but this has not made any difference.

Do I need to change something in the set up, as I am at a loss on what to do?

The manual does not seem to cover this side of things.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul

Make sure the 2nd RF output is powered up.

Press 'Services' 4, 01select, 4 (rf outlets) and switch on the RF2 power. Your distribution amp probably requires line power (9V) and this will provide it.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like the original digibox was set to a different RF output compared to the SKY+'s default setting.
Using the same method to access the "hidden" menu as described by Arthur and alter the RF number to correspond to that of the old digibox.

The default setting of all Sky Digiboxes is channel 68. If the picture is there but 'snowy' then the RF channel must be correct. Still sounds like the amp isn't being powered up to me.

Paul - check your distribution amp. Does it have a mians supply? If not then it is line powered from the Digibox.

Check the feed from RF2 on the box, make sure the coax plug is properly fitted with a good inner & outer connection - crimp the centre pin or you won't get a sausage at the amp.

Again, hope this helps.

The original poster didn't indicate if 5 years ago (or whenever he created his RF distribution setup) he changed the RF output of the digibox to take into account local transmitters.

It's certainly does no harm in mentioning the option if the original poster hasn't replied that the first suggestion didn't work:)

Unbelievable!!!!

I tried Arthur's recommendation and worked first time!!! Thank you very much.

This would have taken me far too long (if ever) to figure this out.

Thanks to all who contributed.

One Happy Camper!

Paul

Hi,

I've just upgraded from standard Sky box to Sky+.

I had a tv link working fine in my bedroom with the standard box. However, I can't get it to work at all with the Sky+ box. I get the tv signal fine and the RF2 port is turned on in the installation menu with channel 68. Yet I still can't change channels from my bedroom using the Sky+ remote.

Any ideas?

Is the light on the Eye "on"?

If not, will it light if you plug it direcctly into RF2?

When you turned RF2 on did you save settings?

Hi,

Yes the light is on and the tv singal is coming through fine.

The RF2 was already saved as on as I got the box from a neighbour who had been using it with a magic eye with no problems. Like I said my magic eye setup also worked fine with my previous box so it's a bit of a mystery.

I've tried changing the RF2 setting to off and saving. Then back to on and saving but no joy.

Very confusing!

Does the Eye change channels if plugged directly into RF2, covering the Sky boxes IR detector of course?

Neil,

Just tried that. If the eye is plugged directly into the RF2 output it does work.

When I connect it back up in my bedroom again, nothing happens. Bit confusing since this setup worked fine with my old standard box.

Is there something different about Sky+ boxes?

Neil,
If the eye is plugged directly into the RF2 output it does work...................................................Is there something different about Sky+ boxes?

You've answered your own question.

Does the co-ax from RF2 go straight to the bedroom or via an amplifier/splitter?

It goes through an amplifier? Is that a problem for Sky+ boxes? Worked fine with the standard box.

Thanks.

Neil,

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated.

I've bypassed the RF amplifier and all is now working as it should :)

Cheers,

Maff

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom