RF/WiFi switch - does this exist

Dave90

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a device and I don't know if it exists.

What I'm looking to do is to switch on a circuit when another separate circuit is switched on. In detail, turn on a light circuit via the standard faceplate switch and a transmitter on this circuit pings a signal to a receiver on the separate circuit which then switches on this second circuit.

I've been suggested a number of items - all of which requires the second separate circuit to be turned on via a mobile app or via a special switch unit. The scheme I'm trying to implement is for the user to turn on a light switch and two separate circuits turn on and then when the switch is turned off, both light circuits turn off. Only the first light circuit is attached to the switch. Hence why I require some means of circuit 'A' instructing circuit 'B' to turn on and then subsequently to turn off.

Is there any product out there that does this? Hopefully I have explaned it clearly.

Thanks.

I think most smart systems do this.

From what I understand you want to group a particular set of circuits, so if A is on, then B and C etc.

You’d need each circuit to be programmed though or have some sort of smart controller, unless you physically merge all circuits together?

There are simple RF switches available, which might do the trick. Most are retroactive type rather than toggle, and many switches are self powered too (pressing the switch uses converts the kinetic energy to electricity to power the radio transmission circuit). Most allow several switches to be configured to operate several receivers. I used this from Amazon recently...
Thinkbee Wireless Lights Switch... Thinkbee Wireless Lights Switch Kit,No WiFi Required Outdoor 1900ft Indoor 130ft Remote Control for Led Light Wireless Panel Switch IP54 Waterproof (1 Switch 1 Receiver kit): Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I think most smart systems do this.

From what I understand you want to group a particular set of circuits, so if A is on, then B and C etc.
Yes, both to be controlled via the standard wall plate switch.

You’d need each circuit to be programmed though or have some sort of smart controller, unless you physically merge all circuits together?
If the circuits were physically merged then there would be no need for this solution, no? Essentially it is a wifi/rf bridge between the two circuits required.
Do you mean each circuit to be programmed to come on at certain times/conditions?
I don't want to have to control them via a smart controller - just the preexisting wall plate switch.

Zwave solutions do this but you'll need a hub to manage them.
You want an on/off relay switch.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom