RF Signal and Sky Digibox service

R

raycain

Hi,

I've just acquired a new Loewe Nemos TV with a built in digital recorder. It's got three SCART sockets into which I've connected a Panasonic NV-HD620 VCR, a Pioneer DV-360 DVD player and my Grundig Sky Digibox. I get output from all three AV sources through the TV but what I would like to be able to do is watch one Sky channel and record another on the digital recorder at the same time. When I first switched the TV on it searched for TV channels but found none - presumably because it can't read and use Sky's program details via the digibox.

Should I have connected the RF terrestrial aerial through the Digibox as well? Or into the back of the TV instead? And if I do this, will I need to run the channel search again?

Sorry if this seems like a really basic post - we've all got to learn right!

RC

The analogue or digital tuner in the TV would have searched for channels on it's RF input, it will not look at the AV inputs for channels.
If you want to record analogue or DTT signals (sorry no idea what tuner the TV has) then it will need a RF feed from a rooftop or indoor aerial.

You can not watch one SKY channel and record another from a single standard digibox, they only have one tuner. If you mean watch SKY1 via the digibox and record errr BBC1 via the RF feed then yes you need to connect the aerial and I assume the TV software will have the options to select various sources and channels once that is done.

Thanks Starburst, :thumbsup:

Is it best to run the RF input straight into the TV or feed it through the Digibox and then into the TV? I think my Digibox has RF in and out. :

Thanks.

RC

Just connect the digibox via scart, better picture and audio.
Connect the RF straight to the telly unless you want to loop it through the VCR on the off chance you want to record a terrestrial channel straight onto video tape.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom