RF punch 250a2 prob.

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by nova_gh, Nov 28, 2004.

1. nova_gh

nova_gh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I aquired a non-functioning rf 250a2 punch amp a few years ago going into electronics eng. at college. I've been trying to troubleshoot it for a few years now but never really get much time to spend on it.

The original problem i had was i wasn't getting any sound out, at school i injected some simlpe tones into the rca inputs to see if i was getting anything out using an o-scope. I think i've trailed it back to a few transistors but i'm unsure as before i could continue troubleshooting the transistors, the unit itself stopped functioning. Now the unit will not power on. I know i have power, it does not blow fuses, it just sits there. Anyone with some knowledge of these amps know where abouts in the circuit it's failing? I can't seem to find anything that shouldn't work via ohm checks, atleast like a blown resistor or cap.

Anything info would help, thanks!

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    My gut feeling is there may be a transformer failure as well as 'other issues'. It really needs to be investigated on a bench, i think you will struggle to solve a component level problem over the internet to be honest. Sorry, and good luck.