Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

RF punch 250a2 prob.

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by nova_gh, Nov 28, 2004.

1. nova_gh

nova_gh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I aquired a non-functioning rf 250a2 punch amp a few years ago going into electronics eng. at college. I've been trying to troubleshoot it for a few years now but never really get much time to spend on it.

The original problem i had was i wasn't getting any sound out, at school i injected some simlpe tones into the rca inputs to see if i was getting anything out using an o-scope. I think i've trailed it back to a few transistors but i'm unsure as before i could continue troubleshooting the transistors, the unit itself stopped functioning. Now the unit will not power on. I know i have power, it does not blow fuses, it just sits there. Anyone with some knowledge of these amps know where abouts in the circuit it's failing? I can't seem to find anything that shouldn't work via ohm checks, atleast like a blown resistor or cap.

Anything info would help, thanks!

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    My gut feeling is there may be a transformer failure as well as 'other issues'. It really needs to be investigated on a bench, i think you will struggle to solve a component level problem over the internet to be honest. Sorry, and good luck.