RF outlet power supply

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Schumi, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Schumi

Schumi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We had a new pace box fitted today to replace a faulty refurbished pace box. As well as this, the engineer fitted a new LNB thing to the sky dish (I apologise, I don't know the name of what he fitted exactly). Anyway, after he had done this, and sorted out all the installation for the box, he checked the RF outlet in the engineer’s menu. It has always been 38, so he left it at that, but he choose the ON option for the "RF Outlet Power Supply". I know for a fact that this was off before he arrived. He turned it on for some reason.

I was wondering what this option is, and what difference it makes having it on or off? We have a second box in the house, but that still has the RF outlet power supply as off.

Any help would be great.

2. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi my friend,

Basically the engineer as you say has switched on by default the 9v, this is just in case you decide to use a magic eye system, which basically gives you the ability to control your main sky box upstairs or from another room ...

If you need further information let me know, but please do not worry as having the +9 switched on - is not going to cause any problems, and if you want - you can even turn this off.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Drogo

3. Schumi

Schumi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I can turn the RF outlet power supply off and it won't affect anything?

4. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeap, you sure can.... no worries

5. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure that if you fit a digi link you turn rf power off until it is fitted.
    Press services then press
    4-0-1- select
    then item 4, rf.
    You can turn it off or on from here.
    Reason is it can short circuit when you change an rf plug, the box usually detects this and resets but better to be safe! :lesson: