RF Out Signal to other TV's

gabble

Novice Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help.

I got SkyQ to replace Sky+ and when the engineer left I noted that the tv's in the other rooms were no longer getting a decent Freeview signal. I phoned them and they advised that I'd have to plug the old Sky+ box back in and use that as a signal booster to ensure other TV's around the house got a signal. This of course is not the most ideal of situations having the old large Sky+ box behind the TV also , but it did work - and all it is doing is taking the aerial input and then an output to boost the signal making the other TV's pick up their Freeview signal. Without it the TV signals are not strong enough, with it however they work fine - the Sky+box needs powered to make this work.

I am not looking for the SkyQ to be available on other TV's, just the signal so the other TV's work from the aerial. This is not to do with Magic Eye remotes either. All the Sky+ box seems to be doing is boosting the signal, nothing else. Will a simple input/output booster do the same thing?

What can I use to do the job the Sky+ box is doing? I need to get rid of it sitting behind the TV looking unsightly.

Any help appreciated

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Thanks, I'll try that, I had obviously over complicated this in my own head. I wonder why the Sky engineer didn't suggest ! cheers

Why do you need a booster (the sky box does not boost the signal)?

Just connect the white wire coming out of the wall to the aerial socket next to it.

Then send the unnecessary booster back to Amazon.

I wonder why the Sky engineer didn't suggest ! cheers
Because he was an installer not an engineer.

Why do you need a booster (the sky box does not boost the signal)?

Just connect the white wire coming out of the wall to the aerial socket next to it.

Then send the unnecessary booster back to Amazon.
Nah I tried that and the Freeview signal was not good in other rooms, it seems the Sky+ box did boost the signal

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom