1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RF out problems

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by fjweaver, Mar 18, 2005.

1. fjweaver

fjweaver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with BOTH rf outputs from my Pace digibox.

By coincidence this has just started happening when I replaced our video recorder and I suspect that something's happened to the digibox when I moved it to put the new vcr in (digibox sits on top).

The reception of terrestrial tv (ch 1-5) is perfect when the aerial goes straight to the tv. So that eliminates the tv Aerial.

The reception of terrestrial tv (ch 1-5) is perfect when the aerial goes via the VCR to the tv. So that eliminates the VCR.

The reception of terrestrial tv (ch 1-5) is bad when the aerial goes via the Digibox, then RF1 to the tv. However Sky channnels aren't too bad but not as good as they used to be.

The reception on my bedroom tv via RF2 is awful. Terrestrial tv is terrible and Sky channel very poor.

So it seems that it's both RF outputs that are causing a problem.

I've tried changing the RF output channels but doesn't make any odds, and I've also tried turning off the RF2 power.

Is the digibox at fault and can I get it fixed? Or is it better to replace it.

2. kennysatman

kennysatman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi it sounds like it is the sky box that is faulty,you might be as cheap to book a call from sky as getting it repaired. if you are out of warranty (1 year) sky will charge £65

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    It's certainly possible the digibox has been damaged or at least the cables may have been while moving it around however I would suspect the VCR is the cause of the problems.
    Have you removed it from the system and had a look how everything performs without the interference generated by the VCR itself and it's RF output?
    You say you changed the SKY RF output but you may still have chosen a frequency that is clashing with an existing analogue/digital broadcast channel or one being used by a device in your home.

4. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I had exactly the same issue trying to set up multiroom. connecting only sky rfout 1+2 from both sky and sky+ gave a perfect sky picture on every tv in the house or if i only connected the areial straight to the tv or amp booster again 1-5 perfect. but when i fed the aerial into the sky+ box and the the amp booster the picture was terrible. problem was i had the one of sky rf's set a freeview mux. Try this link so that you set your sky rf's to a free channel http://www.kat5.tv/taboo.html NOTE you must include any videos and freeview boxes as well as sky so that they all transmit on free channels.