1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RF-OUT on Pioneer Media Box

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by brendan_dj, Mar 20, 2005.

1. brendan_dj

brendan_dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Just 1 week to go till my Pioneer 435XDE arrives :clap:

I have downloaded the instruction manual and I have a small question regarding the RF connections.

I have RF cabling going to other rooms in the house, (kitchen, bedrooms) via a multiway RF amplifier so that I can watch VCR, DVD and Sky in any room.

Does the Media box have an internal RF modulator so that I can view whatever the plasma is showing in other rooms such as the picture-in-picture features and split teletext, terrestrial digital, freeze-frame etc?

I cant find anywhere in the manual where I can set the RF output channel number (frequency) of the media box.

If the Piuoneer does not have an RF modulator, does the composite (yellow RCA) contain the same picture information as the plasma ?
    I guess I could attach this to an external RF modulator (from say Maplins?)

I know that any image displayed on any other TV in this way will be nowhere near as good a quality as the plasma via DVI cables!

Brendan

2. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    The media box only has a RF input, and no RF output.

3. brendan_dj

brendan_dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99

I'm sure I read in the manual that if you wish to be able to view both analogue and digital terrestrial TV, you need to connect a 75ohm RF cable between the RF-Out and a 2nd RF-In :confused:
    I am referring of course to the media-box which comes with the XDE.

What about the "monitor-out" socket ?(yellow RCA composite output)
    Does the picture on this output duplicate exactly what the plasma display is showing? ie.. split screen displays, teletext... etc?

Brendan