1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RF out of SKY+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dragon1, Nov 1, 2003.

1. dragon1

dragon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help ?

I am trying to figure out how to get the RF ouput working ( there is no arieal input connected I just use tehe dish feed to watch BBC ect )

I was rather hoping I could run an arieal cable from the SKY+ to another TV ......can this be done ? is there any setups on the SKY+ box I need to do ?

Any help would be appreciated

Andy

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    that will allow you to watch the chasnnel the Sky+ box is on only for other channels if you have no aerial a S/H Sky STB using one of the spare outputs of your Quad LNB would be the best bet they can be boughtS/H for £40-50 these days. this will give you all the FTA channels in a second room

3. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Press Services-4-0-1-5. You should now be in the installer menu which permits you to set the RF output channel number. Thereafter the RF outputs should work (though as hornydragon says you'll be watching the same output channel as on the scarts). Make sure you choose an output channel that doesn't clash with any terrestrial broadcasts or machines on the same aerial signal to avoid ropey pictures.
    The theory is that the external aerial plugs into the RF in on the box, the output from the box then goes to where you used to have the external aerial plugged in, eg video recorder, so you have to make sure you don't clash with the video.
    In reality I've found the box seriously degrades the terrestrial channel quality so instead I have the sky box output and the external aerial going into a combiner on the back of the video. The output from the video I then put through an amplified two way splitter, one lead to the downstairs TV, one through several miles of cable split between the kitchen and the bedroom.