1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RF modulator - tvlink

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by garyc, Apr 21, 2005.

1. garyc

garyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,

Just gone down the tvlink route from global, very frustrating to set up, due largely to having to route new coax around the house and having a fault with my existing AEI rf modulator which revented the IR signal getting through :suicide: .

So anyone got any experience of rf modulators, especially with the tvm one from global and picture quality?

cheers

Gary

2. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    I have them here and certainly the ones I have seen installed have worked well (for a modulated signal)

What problems are you having Gary?

PS Mail me off line, We need to chat after you Smart Home visit.

3. garyc

garyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i have just spent the last week investigating the reason I couldn't get the global system to work, not a fault with the global stuff, but the rf modulator I was using must have a problem and my tivo now doesn't send an rf signal.

All this has taken me since saturday to until now to discover via a painful process of elimination!!!!.

Currently using the ol vcr to convert to rf - yuk!!!

so hence after a rf modulator, not wanting to spend yet more money but don't really have much choice!!!!! it would seem sensible to stick with global comms for the modulator, especially if you say its a decent signal quality

Gary

ps. email on its way