Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

RF Channel Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by BlueBarry, Dec 31, 2003.

1. BlueBarry

BlueBarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Is their any way of finding out (other than trial and error) what my strongest Sky RF channel is? Recently got Sky+ and new TV/Video, and was getting poor output from Sky on RF. Checked my Installers menu and the Channel Number was set at 26, I set it back to the default 68 (retuned my TV/Video) and the picture improved greatly, but it still isnt perfect. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
    BB

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    SKY+ can output RF on any frequency, what you need to do is choose one that is far away from the frequencies used by your local TV transmitter and your own VHS etc.
    Any frequency choosen will still need to be tweaked on the TV or VCR that is receiving the digibox output.

RF should be your last choice for watching SKY anyway, it has it's uses for distributing the signal around the house but RGB/PAL scart and s-video should be your first options.