• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RF Arial connection to Composite

longyp

Standard Member
I have used the (v.useful) RF2 output on my skybox to pipe Sky to another room in the house.

I will view the sky using a projector.

The projector has composite,s-video and component inputs.

How do I connect the RF cable to this - what box of magic tricks do I need?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reiner

longyp said:
I have used the (v.useful) RF2 output on my skybox to pipe Sky to another room in the house.

I will view the sky using a projector.

The projector has composite,s-video and component inputs.

How do I connect the RF cable to this - what box of magic tricks do I need?

Thanks for any suggestions.
You need a tuner/receiver for this.

longyp

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply.

If you have not guessed yet I am a novice at this and in the middle of building my home theatre.

I have just received my AV/Receiver (Denon 1906) so hopefully this will do the trick.

Regards

L

loadsofleads

Wouldn't it be possible to connect a coaxial connector on one end and a RCA plug on the other for a composite feed. Wouldn't be the best signal or picture in the world but it should give you a pic at least.

Reiner

longyp said:
Thanks for the reply.

If you have not guessed yet I am a novice at this and in the middle of building my home theatre.

I have just received my AV/Receiver (Denon 1906) so hopefully this will do the trick.

Regards
I am afraid it won't work because AV receivers don't have an RF input for TV signals.
Since it's a Sky system I assume (not too familar with Sky) you would actually need another Skybox, see also my response below.

taffyboyo said:
Wouldn't it be possible to connect a coaxial connector on one end and a RCA plug on the other for a composite feed. Wouldn't be the best signal or picture in the world but it should give you a pic at least.
If the RF2 output is a true RF signal (as I assume) it won't be possible to do a direct connection since the signal is (RF) modulated.
Thus you need a demodulater aka tuner/receiver in this case to convert it to an AV signal (composite or better).

cbemoore

Your sky box only has one RF output, but it also has a splitter to split the RF signal to two RF connectors.

Why not just add a scart splitter, and split the RGB or composite scart output from your sky box to both your main tv and your projector?

Alternatively, does your Sky box have a composite output via an RCA connector as well as the scart output? That would save you buying a splitter.

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom