• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RF Aerial cable signal problem on foreign cable

pr1970

Hi

I`ve just bought my UK Sony LCD to South America and i`ve discovered the cable system is using an rf cable connection that doesnt seem to be compatible with my tv`s tuning. Its picking up channels but its really poor quality and manual tuning doesnt fix it.
So apart from opting or more expensive digital tv here I`m wondering if there is any kind of conversion box I can get to turn the analogue signal into a digital form that the TV could use?

Thanks

Last edited:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
You would need to buy a local convrter box, details vary from country to so I can't give specific advice.
Best find a decent tv/hi-fi shop and ask there.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
You haven't declared the model number of the TV.
Can you select the country you are actually in from the setup menu ?

pr1970

Its a sony kdl-26p2530 and only european countries are available in the menu. I`ve tried changing the various PAL settings between B/G/H , D/K , L, I but none work probably because locally they use Pal-N.
I did read something about a de-modulator to get it to convert the signal from an analogue to digital format, anyone know if thats correct?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom