Rew and Samson CO1u usb mic cal file?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by avnewbee, Jun 25, 2015.

1. avnewbee

avnewbee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Hi

Looking to try my hand at using REW to measure the response of my DIY Sub. I have a Samson CO1u usb mic at hand and was wondering if anyone had a calibration file for it? or indeed if I actually need one?

2. Rappco

Rappco
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I realize you posted this quite a while ago, but did you ever figure out the answer? I have exactly the same question.
    Many thanks
    S

3. avnewbee

avnewbee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    hi no I didn't bother with a calibration file in the end. Looking at the specs of the mic in the manual the freq resp of the mic regardless of what setting you use is pretty flat particularly the low end which what i wanted to test anyway. I think the only part i didn't know in the end is what the actual decibels of the readings were i.e was 50db on the rew readings actually 50db. Otherwise i think i got a pretty accurate freq response graph for my sub freq sweeps (15hz to 120hz). I did do a few full sweeps 15hz to 21khz but these did dip around 15khz so i think that's where the calibration files would be needed.