• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

revolver audio music 5

jayman_1975

Standard Member
Has anyone heard these speakers? I have the opportunity to snag a pair at a relatively good price. I haven't heard them though and would have to drive 4 hrs to demo. What sonic characteristics do they have? bright? warm? etc? I would be driving them with my Arcam p1000 amp.

ps. I put this thread in the "speakers" section of the main forums and haven't gotten any action so i thought i would try in here.

jayman_1975

Standard Member
i cant believe nobody has ever heard of these. Maybe they are a hoax?

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
They have a web site that includes a registration number (OC301270). I assume there is a central register of incorporated businesses in UK (like there is here in CH), so you could check the legitimacy of the company and agreement of its address.

Needless to say, you are going to have to drive that 4 hours for a demo if you want answers to your questions - as even if somebody here did have answers, they would anyway be that person's opinion and not necessarily in agreement with your findings.

sounddog

I don't know anything about them but if it helps I do vaigly recognise the turntable as having seen a review in a UK magazine.

Eloise

jayman_1975

Standard Member
well i bit the bullet an took a leap of faith. I have bought a fair bit of stuff off this guy and i took his word on these speakers. They retailed at $3200 usd and he was moving them out at $1400 because they weren't his cup of tea. I was not in the market for $3200 speakers and he assured me that for $3000 you can do better but at $1400 it would be darn near impossible.

I made a bit of a stupid move though as i sold my player at the same time as i was waiting for my speaks to show up so i don't have a decent cd spinner at the moment. I am however awaiting my newly aquired oppo bdp83 SE Nuforce to show up.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom