• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Revolutionary Gaming

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
That's class! Not sure how practical it would be for gaming though as it seems that you need cameras set up around your room and then the game would take place withing the terrain of your room. I guess you could have a light sabre fight with a mate (if you were both wearing glasses that merged the CG with the real life video) or even turn your floor into an RTS Battlefield.

AML

it looks like next gen VR to me. Remember virtual reality? with those heavy headsets and crappy graphics?

It would be nice to go into an arcade, hop into a room and be surrounded by a game. Or be in the game. Holodeck style!

CrispyXUK

anyone remeber the old hologram arcade games from sega?

O

Obuggrit

I remember a hologram arcade machine. It was a short machine that have a dome on top where the holograms appear. I can't remember much, just bad actors in rejected Star Wars costumes. They looked real though, and if you put your hand in to touch them they distorted.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom