Revo iBlik Wi-Fi display panel

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by TheWazzer, Jun 15, 2009.

1. TheWazzer

TheWazzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

First post so be gentle please :)

Believe it or not I just bought one of the above this afternoon from Curry's for £29.97. Only had a couple left and one on display showed some abuse but i got the last boxed one which when I checked looked perfect except for battered box, but who cares at this price.

Anyway I am very pleased with it (who wouldn't be at this price) except every review or picture i have seen of it shows the display to be a crystal clear LED.

Now mine is LCD although not bad is near impossible to view at certain angles. I know my box was manufactured late last year, just wondering if they have changed the display?

PS Just curious, honest.:thumbsup:

2. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +558
    I know what you mean.
    I bought the DAB version, and the box/internet picture show a white lettering on a black background.(think OLED etc)

The reality is a crappy LCD panel which is light blue lettering on a slightly darker(but glowing) blue-ish background.
    The lettering fades into the background, and is impossible to view from anything but right in front.

Talk about blatant false advertising!

The only good bit is it seems to be ok as a basic DAB radio, and it didn't cost the earth...