Revo Axis in 'Stand By' mode

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by ColeGar, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ColeGar

ColeGar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a new Revo Axis which is great except when is is in 'Stand By' mode i.e. still on but just displaying the time on it's touch screen, there is a noticeable humming sound from the unit - the only way to stop it is turn the power off completely.

Has anyone with this product had a similar experience? Is it common with DAB/Internet radios?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

2. glen

glen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a similar problem with a Roberts Revival iStream i have just bought from Amazon. i noticed the low pitch humming when in standby, when you turn the volume control, which brings the radio out of stand by and lights up the display, the humming stops

i called roberts yesterday, who said it should be silent when in standby, so i got back to Amazon, who immediately sent me a second radio which arrived today. But, the second one had the same problem.

However, on closer inspection, i have found its not the radio which is humming but the mains adaptor!

ColeGar, extend the cable to its full length, plug the mains adaptor in and listen to see is it the radio or the mains adaptor.

Appreciate any explanations to why this is happening?

3. Orchard6

Orchard6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Same happened to me.

If you phone Axis they will send you a new power supply.

:thumbsup: