1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revisiting small LCD for the bedroom

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Chris The Ninja, May 8, 2005.

1. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am about to move into a new flat and I would like to buy a small LCD for the bedroom. Now, having just bought my flat money is well tight so I am looking for a bargain. The models I am considering are:

The Mikomi from Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...atalogId=3151&productId=119662&clickfrom=name

The Relisys from Ebuyer: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...m9kdWN0X3NwZWNpZmljYXRpb25z&product_uid=50616

The Video7 from Ebuyer: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=56093

or getting a bit bigger,

The Beko from Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...001&langId=-1&catalogId=3151&productId=120347

A different Video7 from Ebuyer: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=61294

I *think* I have seen the 20" Video7 from Ebuyer, Currys stocked a 20" LCD about 6 months ago that had a different badge on it (viewsonic or something like that) but it looked identical and had the same spec, even down to the dimension. I was very impressed by the picture on the set I saw in Currys, so much so I actually bought it. Then financial reality hit home and I had to take it back without having opened the box.

So, has anyone any comments or advice? I am looking for something with excellent picture quality and ideally I would like 2 SCARTS, although the 17" don't seem to have this. I would like to use my Xbox, so I am guessing a relatively fast panel is needed to avoid smearing. Also, I want to wall mount it, so the Argos sets are looking appealing because they can bu purchased with a half price mount. Cheaper is definitely better at the moment!

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Chris The Ninja Pirate

2. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +533
  4. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers W3dal - i have been following the Mikomi thread with interest. Have you compared the picture you get with other LCD's out there? Even an entirely subjective opinion is cool. Are both the SCARTS RGB enabled? Have you tried displaying a playstation or Xbox game on your screen? I am very tempted, especially since they are doing a half price wall mount. Alternatively I could just get a TV-card for my laptop and stand it on a shelf, which whilst being the cheaper option, is not terribly attractive!

5. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +533
    i have not plugged in my xbox or ps2 into the screen yet as i have a plasma in the lounge which i use for playing games and this screen was only bought for use with a cheap dvd player and then an RF feed for Sky and as u can see the results are pretty good.

I have not compared it to other 16:9 screens as i couldnt find another one around that price and with the half price wall mount that is an added bonus.

They didnt have one on show in my local Argos so just went with what i thought was best. They have a good returns policy.

I would of thought the xbox and ps2 ria RGB scart would look pretty sweet if i get a chance tonight ill set it up and get some pictures put up.

At the moment there arnt many people on the board that have these screens so would be nice for someone else to jump on and let us know there views.

Dal

6. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you get the chance I would be interested to know if you see any smearing/ghosting/tearing on the Xbox via RGB SCART.

Thanks for your input w3dal!

7. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +533
    will do m8. proberly wont be till the end of the week as i want to get it up on the wall first.

Dal

8. Chris The Ninja

Chris The Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No worries dude. On a related note does that bracket from Argos sit relatively flush with the wall or does it stick out aways?

9. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +533
    it sticks out quite a bit more then my bracket does for the plasma in the lounge.

Although untill i get it up on the wall i cant give a complete answer, will post back when its up!!!

Hopefully tomorrow night!

Dal