1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews of Kef Q11????

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by skinnyfat, Jun 1, 2005.

1. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

Anybody know where I can find reviews on the Kef Q11. :lease:

Skinny

2. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Hi, Q11 is for US costumers, I use to have this package the one you got and the only weekest link was center channel(9C), I mean center channel was not as good as other 4 speakers, So in my opinion if you are planning on changing your left and right speakers, you better try other Q center speaker with 2 bass drivers or try XQ2C. Q7 are the best part of the package.

3. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Horse.

I'm fortunate enough to have a close friend who works for Yamaha. They are also the sole importers of KEF, Celestion and Niles audio here in S.A. This has a few benefits.

1. In SA they only sell the black finish yamahas which I do dont really like. My friend said they will import a titanium finish RXV 2500 for me.

2. I told him about the Q11 only being available in the USA and he said he might be able to get me a pair.

3. I only pay cost price plus VAT.

Based on this and my experiences with the rest of the Q range, I asked him to see if it were possible to get a pair of Q11's. If the Q11 doesn't have a progressive improvement over the Q7, is it worth my while getting one. (not that the Q7's are not good, I think they are brilliant) ? BTW my Q7's cost me the equivalent of GBP 325.00 brand new !!!

Skinny