1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews of Hitachi TX100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by akarit1, Jul 9, 2004.

1. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Has anybody seen any actual official reviews of this PJ in any of the Home Cinema periodicals available at newsagents etc..???
    I ask because I am thinking of purchasing one and would feel more comfortable with hard copies of reviews from the so called experts.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,

There's an in-depth review of the Hitachi in comparison to the Z2, AE500 and HS20 on Cine4home.de - click here for a translation using Babelfish. I think their testing methods etc. are a lot more rigorous and detailed than the kind of reviews in the usual periodicals you find in the newsagent.

Sean.

3. pgre

pgre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give you a review.. in one word.. "Great!"
    Although I probably don't fit into the "expert" category..

But mine TX100 is just great ! And I am just projecting onto a cream wall at the moment, waiting for my screen to be delivered.

I am sure you won't be disappointed if you get one.

If you look at in in great detail I am sure you will find some faults with it.. people have mentioned chicken wire & banding problems.. but slap a good film on, turn up the DPL or DTS sound track and I am sure you'll like it.

Although my plasma is better for daylight watching, the shear scale of a PJ screen should really make the difference.

4. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for the replies folks,does anyone know where I can audition one here in the midlands?? I live in Leicester but am willing to travel upto 45 miles to view one working.And finally where is it being sold the cheapest??
    Thanks.

5. Spaceballs

Spaceballs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

There's also a shorter review on http://www.areadvd.de/
    It's in German like the one on Cine4home...

I bought mine one week ago after a 2 hour comparison with the infocus 4805 and the benq 7800.

My impression was that the hitachi offers more flexibility (lens shift, zoom range), significantly lower sound level and better resolution (only significant vs 4805)

The black level and the natural look of the colours were better with the dlp although, in my opinion the hitachi also delivers a fine quality picture.

My personal ranking would be:

1. benq 7800
    2. hitachi pj-tx 100
    3. infocus 4805

Don't get me wrong I think that all 3 machines are quite nice.

At the end, I choose the Hitachi because I thougth that it offers best value for the money.
    The infocus with its lower resolution and its long throw would be a bad fit to my room.
    The benq is really nice but 1.7 times more expensive than the hitachi or the infocus (at my shop in Switzerland).

After one week of testing I'm still happy with my choice.

Best regards

Spaceballs

6. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Don't suppose you tried any HD material did you? I'm really interested to know how the Hitachi fairs agianst the 4805 with HD stuff?

7. Spaceballs

Spaceballs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Unfortunately no.

We used a Denon A11 over YUV and DVI (720p output) but we only tested
    PAL and NTSC DVDs. So the Signal the PJ's received was partly 720p but with real HD material, the quality would probably still be better.

What was quite surprising to me is the fact that IMO the picture of the hitachi was still quite good from close distances where the 4805's was simply not watchable. It seemed to me that the higher resolution more than offset the typical "LCD-pattern" (screen-door).

Regards Spaceballs