Review sites

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by PJONG, Jun 24, 2001.

1. PJONG

PJONG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone suggest some good websites for television reviews?

I haven't decided between 50 or 100hz yet but I've found some very good prices for 32" flat widscreen 50hz tellies, eg the Philips 32PW6515, any views on this model?

Many thanks

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't managed to find anywhere online which has a review of that TV. I should be getting the same Philips sometime over the next month. The general view seems to be that while Philips are not regarded as brillaint TV's they are ok. I'm looking the get John Lewis to price match at around £760, so for a 32" TV I'm not complaining. Oh and apparently there is a mag available this month which has a review of the 28" PW6515.

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: rjgn ]

4. Neil Watson

Neil Watson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    The magazine you are referring to is "Home Entertainment". Its compares several Virtual surround TV's and the 28PW6515c comes highly recommended with the Grundig set the winner for its sheer price at under £500, even at the high street superstores.

I have recently bought the 28PW6515 version and apart from a slight geometry problem (even on the replacement I got yesterday) the picture is very sharp and the virtual dolby does work very well. Not that I use the audio on it as I have my NTL box amongst others through an AV amp and 6 speaker system.

5. DrScary

DrScary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking in to buying the Philips 28PW6515. I could find any review either.

In the end I got put off buying from the postings in this BB.

Do a search for 6515. Most of the postings are problems but read 'What now' by OG. After reading it I went into my local TV/video shop and saw the problem straight away.

I'm now back at sq. 1 looking at Pannys & JVC