Review Site For Denon 3805

Garrett

Do you know if it has anything like the Pioneer I-Link.

deckard

Standard Member
From Denon's US site:

7.1 A/V Receiver with Dolby Digital Surround EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx & DTS ES Discrete 6.1 • Dolby Digital Surround EX, Pro Logic IIx decoding with Cinema,Music and Game Modes • dts ES Discrete 6.1 and Matrix 6.1 decoding • dts Neo:6 Stereo to Surround decoding • dts ES 96/24 5.1 decoding for DVD Video • HDCD decoding • New DDSC-Digital featuring Analog Devices HammerHead SHARC 32 bit floating point DSP processor • New Auto-Setup and Room EQ function with optional DENON microphone DM-305 or other manufacturers microphone • 7 Channels equal power amplifier section • 120 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, <.05%THD) • 160 watts per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, <.7%THD) • 16 Burr-Brown PCM-1791 24 bit, 192 kHz high resolution DACs on all eight channels, in differential configuration • Real 24 bit, 192 kHz Digital Interface Receiver • 24 bit, 192 kHz A/D conversion (Burr-Brown PCM-1804) on all Stereo analog inputs (Not EXT. Inputs) • Pure Direct mode, features 4 DACs per audio channel in dual-differential configuration (2 Channel Sources) • ALPHA 24 Processing Plus (AL24+) on all channels • Adjustable High and Low Pass Crossover (40/60/80/100/120/150/200/250Hz) • 3 Assignable Component Video inputs (100MHz Bandwidth), with On-Screen Display • Video Conversion of Composite to S-Video and/or to Component, with on-screen display • 7 sets composite and "S" video inputs • 7.1 external wide bandwidth (100 kHz) inputs for multi-channel formats, such as DVD-Audio and Super Audio CD • 5/7 Channel Stereo • Digitally regulated volume control with .5dB increment adjustments and step range of -80 to +15 • Audio Delay adjustment to match audio signals with video signals(0-200ms) • Personal Memory Plus • DENON Link 3rd (Super Audio CD & DVD-Audio) compatible digital input • 7 assignable digital inputs (5 Optical, 2 Coaxial) • 2 Optical digital outputs • 11 analog inputs including built-in AM/FM tuner • True 3 Source, 3 Zone functionality with Discrete Power, Source Select and Volume control for each zone • (2)Multi-Zone stereo pre-amp level audio outputs, fixed or variable level (Zone 3 fixed only) • (1) Multi-Zone Composite Video output • Power Amplifier Assign function, lets you assign 2 of the 7 amp channels to drive Zone 2 or 3 speakers directly • Direct Access Tuner presets by remote • New EL backlighting pre-programmed/learning remote • RS-232C Port for Third Party Control Systems • Remote I/O ports • Assignable +12v triggers (2) • Detachable Power cord • Full System Setup/Parameter control on front panel, with feedback on front panel display (Monitor is not needed for setup) • Dimensions: 17.1"w x 6.7"h x 16.4"d •

It has Denon link which they say is SACD compatible - NB currently it is NOT, I asked them at the Bristol show but should be later.

deckard

Standard Member
Rear panel view here.

Garrett

Do you know how this will work i.e. if you have a Pioneer DVD player with I-Link will it be compatible with a suitable cable with the right sockets on the end, or is it Denon DVD to Denon Amp?
Sorry if this is a obvious question but I only have tried SACD disc in my player so far but can you send DVD-A down a digital coaxial cable to an amp, if not will a Denon link work?

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by Garrett
Do you know how this will work i.e. if you have a Pioneer DVD player with I-Link will it be compatible with a suitable cable with the right sockets on the end, or is it Denon DVD to Denon Amp?
Sorry if this is a obvious question but I only have tried SACD disc in my player so far but can you send DVD-A down a digital coaxial cable to an amp, if not will a Denon link work?

We can but hope that a Pioneer to Denon link would work, Especially as the only Denon DVD with the digital link outputs costs £1600 :rolleyes:

deckard

Standard Member
Unfortunately I believe that 'Denon link' is a proprietary interface and as such is not the same as i-link :(

laurie

Standard Member
Unfortunately I believe that 'Denon link' is a proprietary interface and as such is not the same as i-link
Correct Denon DVD----->Denon Amp
I think its the protocol that's used
cheers laurie

Garrett

So it looks like sort of Betamax vs VHS or even worse each make having its own system.:(

russraff

No, I think that most companies, like Pioneer, Toshiba and Sony will or are using Ilink. It's just Denon that are using their own standards. I reckon there are two reasons for this:
1) So people will buy a Denon Amp if they already have a player and vice versa.
2) Denon are beginning to break into the ultra high end seperates market where the likes of Meridian target their wares. Meridian have their own interlink system (and have had for a while, I think) so Denon are seeking parity with their own "high end" system.

Russell

deckard

Standard Member
Have to agree with russraff, i-link is an industry wide standard for data transmission and comes in various speeds, often used for connecting camcorders and linking PS2's as well it's more recent application for audio. I guess Denon link must have some possible advantage over i-link or I can't imagine why they'd bother.

Garrett

It is a shame because I think I would have preferred to get a Denon amp for the tonal quality but if the equipment is incompatible with other equipment )no i-link)they are going to loose sales.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom