REVIEW: Scan 3XS FT03 Gaming PC with GTX660Ti

Sounds like the 660ti is a bit disappointing in comparison to how the 560ti was next to other models, especially with AA, not sure i'll be recommending the card to anyone, as anyone on less than a 670 budget i'd recommend go amd.

Thats a nice case though, shame the psu is a bit stingy, any particular reason its so low, heat considerations or something like that?

:rotfl: @ crazy dave

Last edited:
Oh 'Highly Recommended' a custom PC built by Scan, with after sales support from Scan.

Controversial!

Serious question... what warranty do they offer after you've bought it?

Will they replace it like for like? Or will they factor in depreciation and give you an XBox 360 as a replacement?

eiren said:
Oh 'Highly Recommended' a custom PC built by Scan, with after sales support from Scan.

Controversial!

Will they replace it like for like? Or will they factor in depreciation and give you an XBox 360 as a replacement?

Neither; just claim that you damaged it and refuse to deal with you:D

This is why I don't listen to reviews, as the companies invariably have commercial links which influence them

Controversial!

Neither; just claim that you damaged it and refuse to deal with you:D

This is why I don't listen to reviews, as the companies invariably have commercial links which influence them

I promise you boys that Greg would not be influenced by Scan :)

:rolleyes: I knew a comment like this was coming. I have no connection to Scan, nor do I care who sends me what for review. I've done reviews for Toshiba, Acer, Apple and Scan. I have no links to any of them. If it was crap I would have said it was crap.

I do 100% believe that too... so that's why I asked the serious question :thumbsup:

Thanks. Regarding the warranty I can only answer with the response I was given, which I posted on the review in the upgradeability section. Above that it's not down to me. But obviously you have to weigh up several factors including warranty, after sales etc before making any purchase, I just review the kit!

Also, if anyone is actually interested in a particular test that I haven't run, I have this PC just for tonight, then it goes back tomorrow, so if the test is a freeware program I can get then I would be happy to run it for you, or answer anything else on this.

I'm not sure why the PSU was only 450W, perhaps to get the cost just under £1200 or keep the temps down. Nvidia recommend a 450W PSU minimum so this just about covers it.
http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-660ti/specifications

Last edited:
Scan's reputation with this forum aside, excellent review and a pretty decent system. :)

Will you be doing more of these Greg? Reviewing components like CPUs, GPUs, SSDs etc.

Greg said:
:rolleyes: I knew a comment like this was coming. I have no connection to Scan, nor do I care who sends me what for review. I've done reviews for Toshiba, Acer, Apple and Scan. I have no links to any of them. If it was crap I would have said it was crap.

It wasn't a direct criticism as (rightly or wrongly) you don't approach the subject of the retailer when reviewing one of their bespoke products, more of a general comment about things that are written that could have an agenda. I'm not going into it though as you obviously feel very defensive about your writing :)

It wasn't a direct criticism as (rightly or wrongly) you don't approach the subject of the retailer when reviewing one of their bespoke products, more of a general comment about things that are written that could have an agenda. I'm not going into it though as you obviously feel very defensive about your writing :)

I understand where you are coming from. I am defensive of my writing, but more so of trying to get people to believe that no commercial interest is considered when I review something. In one review Toshiba sent me a gaming laptop that I ripped apart because it was rubbish, if Scan sent me something crap I would review it as such. I can't make you believe or trust me, you will just have to take me at my word I guess. If it means anything, my last PC that I bought myself came from Aria.

Scan's reputation with this forum aside, excellent review and a pretty decent system. :)

Will you be doing more of these Greg? Reviewing components like CPUs, GPUs, SSDs etc.

Thanks. I'd hope to do more reviewing. It will most likely be complete systems though, as to do the reviewing of components justice I think you would have to have a set test rig that you just put that component into, otherwise there would be too many variables to give a correct test result. Although if AVForums want to get me a test rig, I'll quite happily test components! :D

It's a great review Greg. Nice work.

Thanks for the review, currently wondering whether to get the 660ti or 670.

Think I'm now going to go with the 670.

Thanks for the review, currently wondering whether to get the 660ti or 670.

Think I'm now going to go with the 670.

no brainer 670, if you cant afford a 670 then go amd.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom