Review Request: Vauxhall Astravan 1.3 CDTI 2007'

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
I'm part exchanging my Astra Sports for an Astravan due to a change in circumstances and i came across one that i have placed a deposit on and i was going to collect it this Saturday, but they have informed me that on there 110 point inspection they need to change the radiator - common fault. This will not be delivered by Vauxhall till June at the earliest - apparently the 1.3 CDTi is not a common engine....?

So now the fear factor has been put into place, i am wondering if anyone has the 1.3 model and is it a vehicle to give a wide berth or is it perfect for an electrician?

I love the Astra, and i used to have an Astravan a long long time ago, and this feels perfect..

Google search comes back as 2/5 and 5/5 - so very mixed reviews indeed, but if anyone here can offer some advice, it would be most welcomed...

BB

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
The name gives it away, no real benefit to a small capacity diesel engine (appreciate there is a diesel Smart For Two) when a similar petrol will probably be better.

The 1.3 CDTI was offered in the Corsa C and D IIRC. Not heard much about it, I am agreeing with the dealer about the popularity.

SeanT

Distinguished Member
Heap of crap. Had a 1.3 Combo for a year when I worked for BT. Not only painfully slow, but terrible fuel economy for a turbodiesel (which may have had something to do with trying to get it to go somewhere).

I also drove around in a 1.7 Astravan (when I wasn't in the Sprinter) for some time before that. This was great, went like the proverbial off a stick, and sipped diesel.

Of course, any Vauxhall is the perfect vehicle for an electrician.... preferably an automotive one :D

Calpolaholic

I think I would do my homework on that particular engine that was in that van. I think the current 1.3cdti that are going in the new ones are a different engine and far superior. Personally I wouldn't buy a car that I hadn't driven.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom