Review of Uncle Eric's "Batcave" with M&K 2510P speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lowrider

Thats your credibility down the drain. What a load of nonsense.

Shrek,

Where have you been, there is a world out there... maybe you should read a little before you post judgements like this...

Adzman, thanks... :)

S

sofaboy

After walking in, I was looking at the kind of speakers I could only dream of owning.

The sound was out of this world. It had everything Clarity, Sharpness and Volume.... And Erics sub is so scary that I wouldnt wanna bump into it in a dark alley.....

To say I was impressed was a understatement, Im taking my Underworld dvd round with me next time.... and I cant wait....!!

This Sub makes the whole room shake like a french soldier and im sure it will be a while before I hear sound like that again....

Not picking up on nicholasB , but saying the Trumpet sounded Metallic.... Its a brass instument!!! and I would try and strive to get sound like that....

A sound so good you can feel the difference between a woodwind and brass instrument...isnt that the point??

In conclution Eric, your setup is pants wettingly awesome!!!!

(if you want to leave me anything in your will eric, anything but the sub as my front room isnt big enough...lol)
:D :D :D

L

Lowrider

Pro monitors are designed to work in acousticaly treated studios, very well damped environment, and to be used in near field... Exactly the opposite of most of our rooms, where they will always sound on the bright side...

This won´t be a problem with movies, on the contrary, also their speed, (no crossovers to dampen the sound), will be very impressive, as those other visitors of the batcave verified... Again, Eric´s room is better treated than the average listening room in our houses...

But they won´t be everyone´s cup of tea, particularly with the mediocre recordings we mainly listen too, and in general with audiophile music... just read the reviews, I am not inventing here, a friend has a setup of Dynaudio active monitors for movies and parties, very impressive with a Velodyne with 2 x 18" drivers... :eek:, he uses another system for music...

Of course there will be people who prefer this kind of sound, as some prefer electrostatics, and tubes, and vinyl... But please don´t criticise anyone for not liking them as much as you... :rolleyes:

G

Geoffrey Shrek

Originally posted by Lowrider
I am not inventing here, a friend has a setup of Dynaudio active monitors for movies and parties, very impressive with a Velodyne with 2 x 18" drivers... :eek:, he uses another system for music...
Hey, who said you might invent things :rolleyes:

Carefull Lowrider, people might get the impression that you don't know what you're talking about. Can we have a link to the sub with 2x18" drivers?

L

Lowrider

OK, it is not Velodyne, but Dynaudio da-abes2... :blush:

Does it make any difference in the context of what I am talking about... :confused:

G

Geoffrey Shrek

Are you sure you're not making this up as you go along.
Ok, can we have a link to the Dynaudio dual 18" sub then.

Respectamonkeee

Standard Member
Do you 2 argue in every thread you both post in...

ask spectre if you can have a flame forum to ya selves:p

but you both post valid points when ya on ur own....must be a clash of personalitys;)

Ian J

Banned
Shame that although I spend most of my time in this forum I moderate another, otherwise I would close this thread as having outlived it's usefulness.

Respectamonkeee

Standard Member
takes 2 to tango

you dont have to rise to the bait..........

and this thread is going way off topic

peace!

G

Geoffrey Shrek

Sorry everybody. I'm just trying to prove that Lowrider is making this up. I'm no expert but I don't think there is any such thing as a dual 18" subwoofer on on the market.
First he said it was a Velodyne, now he's changed it to Dynaudio. In other words his friends so called system doesn't exist.

Lowrider,
If this Dynaudio subwoofer with dual 18" cones that your friend owns exists, by all means prove me wrong, how about a link? Otherwise, stop making things up!!!!!!!!!!
Your sweeping statements serve no purpose other than to confuse newbies and yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom