1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review & buying sites

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Julie Winston, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New to digital cameras: Is there a good site out there for reviews. I have yet to find the equivalent of the HCC site which is excellent. I am looking for magazine reviews as well as what the paying public think. Also, what are the digital cameras sites that are the equivalent of CD WOW, Play, etc. This would be a good thread for a sticky. I have searched the forum but still would like up tp date info.

I am in the market for a £200 - £300 spend. Must have LCD, USB, upgradeable memory card etc.

Thanks

2. d_devani

d_devani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I second this idea, also where are the best places to get accessories, cases, batteries, etc etc......

3. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Review sites in order of preference:

www.dpreview.com
    www.steves-digicams.com
    www.dcresource.com
    www.imaging-resource.com

dpreview has excellent forums for asking which is best (although you will find brand diehards who think there is no alternative to a certain brand - on the whole you do get balanced experienced based feedback).

In terms of buying
    www.pricerunner.co.uk
    a good place to start. Get a good price on here then look to get a local dealer to match. Jessops at the moment will match if the net supplier is UK and they have the camera in stock.

Regarding the accessories Depends on what u want. For digital storage www.scan.co.uk and www.komplett.co.uk are ok but im sure everyone has a preferred suppleir for these.

Regarding batteries, cases, I have found the quickets and easiest way to get a price is buy a mag and trawl thru the adds