Reversing the prog scan soft mod on Xbox ?

mjw123

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Done he old Splinter Cell / Linux loader soft mod but want to sell my xbox - how easy is it to reverse ?

Can someone please post details ?

TIA,
Mike.

Hi,
Just go through the exact same procedure that you used using your splinter cell and linux loader( Sorry can't remember the exact procedure but if you do a search on here there has been plenty written bout it) but this time obviously select the pal settings as opposed to ntsc.

Ainsy

So i'm going to need the kit again.........

mjw123 said:
So i'm going to need the kit again.........

to change back to pal you will need the kit, but you could keep it as is and go into the dashboard menu and swithc the 480p/720p and 1080 i modes to off and as long as the person has a modern tv there shouldnt be a problem

chic said:
to change back to pal you will need the kit, but you could keep it as is and go into the dashboard menu and swithc the 480p/720p and 1080 i modes to off and as long as the person has a modern tv there shouldnt be a problem

will this also work with playing games like gta wich dont support the higher res??

krismc said:
will this also work with playing games like gta wich dont support the higher res??

it should i have mine set to all progressive modes to off when i play on my lcd via component as my lcd tv only can get interlaced through component, when i play through my projector i switch the progressive modes back on.

if i remember correctly you can leave your progressive modes switched on in dashboard and the game will use the best mode ie if it supports 720 p it will use it,if it doesnt support the hi res modes it will use 480i or 480 p

can't you just delete the linux file from the dashboard? won't that remove the prog scan?

I'd try selling it as is - especially if you have the Component HD output lead as that is what alot of people are using the current XBox for at the moment (at least on these forums...)

PooonTang said:
can't you just delete the linux file from the dashboard? won't that remove the prog scan?

Nah, the linux file is just used to do the switch rather than control it.

You will need the splinter cell game only again, assuming you have the linux file still on the harddrive to swap it back. But as others have said, leave it, you'll probably get a better price when selling it :smashin:

Cheers

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom