Revenge of the Sith - trailer - What do you think?

Sadmuppet said:
the bottom line is you both have very different opinions - agree to disagree and move on.

Life is way too damn short.

Very true, now as long as the dvd has dts we'll all be happy :devil:

I think we are all forgeting here that star wars is basically a pirate movie with sci-fi influences. Sci-Fi it aint

anyway, looking forward to the new movie, enjoyed the last two, although they could have been much better, oh well, I blame rick not george

Empire is still my favourite but i love the prequels ( i think anakin was miscast in Phantom Menace but funnily enough Jar Jar didn't really bug me that much although i can see why some would take offence to the character ) looking forward to the latest one and i would love a quality big budget tv show set sometime between episodes 3 and 4.

DTS on Star Wars ? hmmm I'm all for DTS when it improves things but the soundtracks are pretty hot as it is and unless they actually remix it all it won't sound better, at least until High Definition arrives and we get perhaps uncompressed soundtracks ( don't hold your breath for that and it'll be many years before Star Wars hits HD as Lucas likes to wait to ensure millions buy and a larger profit margin.

What about all “Star Wars” films released on dvd with SDDS 8 now that would be different five screen channel sound split-surrounds and LFE yummy? :smashin:

And maybe have the original “Star Wars” film and all the rest on each dvd, like “The Abyss” theatrical and special edition versions… :rotfl:

Like to have “Star wars” on dvd re-mixed in SDDS 8 with the (baby boom) and place the (baby boom) back on channels 2 and 4, this will be done with the encoding, and with SDDS 8 for the home cinema this will open new avenues, the discs can be all encoded and buy stand alone SDDS 8 channel decoders, and all this can be re-plugged into the AVR. :thumbsup:

Any takers…

Kazuya Mishima said:
Why do people spend so much time and effort trying to intellectually destroy and belittle others?

I get really bored of this sort of thing.

The AV forums are an excellent place to trade advice and opinions.

What's wrong with people enthusing about something like Star Wars?

Personally I am excited by the ROTS trailers, I love all Star Wars stuff, can't wait for the film. I don't see why I should justify this opinion, and I don't see why people should use these threads to annihilate other forum members with a torrent of sarcasm, wit and cleverness.

Just give your opinions and leave it at that.

I agree with you, Kazuya,the forums are an excellent place to trade advice and opinions.

However, opinion can be both for and against a particular subject matter, and this is the basis for a forum, or even a discussion.
Not everyone is as enthused by Star Wars, or as convinced by Lucas' intentions, and they should be free to state their opinion, as long as it is done in the right way, as part of a constructive discussion.

What is not acceptable is insulting, swearing and general name-calling at forum members, because of their opinions/ stated viewpoints. This kind of childish behaviour only fuels inflamatory posts and gets us nowhere.

Swearing, insulting etc should rightly be penalised by a ban, rising to a permanent ban on repeated offences. This kind of stuff is not in the spirit of this forums, which to me has more of an adult/mature nature, and is not a kiddies playground

…would you like “Star Wars” in SDDS 8 in the home…I know I would and the cost of installing something that will complete the home cinema circle, you cant deny such a fine piece of technology…

Oh no! :eek: This will mean a whole string SDDS vs DTS vs DD arguments all over the forums!

Kopite4Ever said:
thats it im never reading your reviews again :rotfl:
Doh! My fanclub is down to 1 !!!

Seriously for a sec (and I STRESS this is NOT the topic for discussion here - if you wish to labour a point about DD vs DTS vs SDSS - start another thread if you really have to), although I have stated that if something is available, I'd like the option to choose. However, at the end of the day it's all in the mix. Would a movie like Birth benefit from DTS or a 15.1 mix ? Nope. For now, we can critique what we have - not what we DON'T have - let's keep it that way for now ?

Right - Normal service should be resumed now ;)

MONO RULES :) :) :)

He's on to something here! Think how cheap it is too - only one speaker and no pricey AV amp!

Do you like to see Star Wars episode 3 in SDDS 8 channel or dts-ES or Dolby digital surround-EX and in a :smashin: THX sound system theatre…

Or mixed down to mono… :suicide:

JBL 4645 said:
Do you like to see Star Wars episode 3 in SDDS 8 channel or dts-ES or Dolby digital surround-EX and in a :smashin: THX sound system theatre…

Or mixed down to mono… :suicide:
If you'd READ my earlier post (which you clearly didn't) - I'd prefer to never see the movies ever again. If you wish to discuss anything outside of the thread title (which for clarification is "Revenge of the Sith - Trailer - What do you think?") then start a new thread.

Mono, pah... far too techologically advanced for my liking. I think it should be shown silent, in black and white, with a wee old granny down in the corner on the pianola. :thumbsup:

KH

the_pauley said:
He's on to something here! Think how cheap it is too - only one speaker and no pricey AV amp!

If you like “The jazz singer” in vitaphone 1927!

Me I like all three sound formats that will be accompanied on “Star Wars” episode 3 revenge of the sith, so who likes cinema sound and who likes “Star Wars” and the (baby boom) tracks 2 and 4 rules.

KeithHurst said:
with a wee old granny down in the corner on the pianola. :thumbsup:

KH

haha, could you imagine her doing the theme music to the the Maul/Obi + Anakin fight!

Obi-Wan, is that you!!!!

using the force to get back in, nice one..... :thumbsup:

Obi-, are you going to see Star Wars episode 3 in a THX sound system theatre, the force is strong at the VUE west end! :smashin:

Has Odeon Leicester Sq got a THX sound system? That's where I'm seeing it :)

I remember this cinema being one of the first digital cinemas, is that right?

No the Odeon Leicester square is not THX, though they have THX approved equipment like the JBL 5674 5x five screen array THX approved JBL 8340 around 46 to 50 surround speakers THX approved, and the JBL 4798 TCB triple chamber bandpass 2x THX approved. :smashin:

I think the amplifiers are QSC, Dolby CP-200 Dolby CP-500 / Dolby SA 10 surround -EX / DTS and SDDS 8 channel, all processors and amplifiers are THX approved. :smashin:

Projection Phillips DP 70 / dual 35mm and 70mm :thumbsup:

DLP digital light projection :thumbsup:

Around 18kw of sound power! :thumbsup:

And the one thing they don’t have is the THX 3417 or the newer THX D20 crossover system… :thumbsdow

So you may be disappointed, that they have not got THX, the first time I saw a film at the Odeon was in 1993 The Last Action Hero, in 70mm Dolby six-track with split surrounds, and I remember sitting in the circle at the front middle section. :)

And though back then the sound was fantastic sounding the centre channel was a bit distant, but that didn’t bother me. :rolleyes:

I all saw met Nigel Woolland, chief projectionist of Odeon Leicester square that day, and was given after are little talk a free admission from one projectionist to the other! :D

So I think you may like it the film it self but, seeing there is no THX oh well enjoy it… :thumbsup:

But don’t quote on that….

http://www.electrovox.ro/resurse/cinema th/cinema big/SA10.jpg

I’m a former cinema projectionist. :)

Ashley.

Thanks Ashley - very informative.

I'll look out for the weak central channel! :)

Tejstar said:
I'll look out for the weak central channel! :)
Or you could just relax with some Revels, a diet coke and just enjoy yourself :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom