Revenge of the Sith - Region 1 or 2?

Pacha

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are to be any 'cuts' to the region 2 dvd in comparison to the region 1 version of Revenge of the Sith? (as there were with the Attack of the Clones dvd)

Any info much appreciated
Thanks

4% PAL speed-up on R2, if that bothers you?!

Don't really notice it myself

and the sith dvd has been delayed on r1 apparently

MrFurious said:
Really? How come??

sith is being underproduced by lucasfilm,apprently the balls up dreamworks did with shrek 2 is causing them to be caucious????
dealers are not sure how many copies they will be allocated,this must also apply to r2

MrFurious said:

Not delayed bud, just under produced... we have been told to expect it possibly this Friday... time will tell... :smashin:

Speaking of delays, whats this about the 2 Disc Region 1 Deluxe Edition of Batman Begins being pulled?

Indiana Jones said:
Speaking of delays, whats this about the 2 Disc Region 1 Deluxe Edition of Batman Begins being pulled?

Kinda pulled.. Warner decided to halt production mid way on the 2 Disc - maybe something to do with cost of the comic book or something.. not sure what. But they didnt tell Distributors so when first stocks arrived this Monday, Distributors were suprised to hear they would not be getting anymore. This set was never pre booked as a Limited Edition only Deluxe... hence many places now running or have run out.

Thanks to a 000's phone calls Tuesday night, we have plenty in stock...

Craig, did you get ROTS in stock?

I emailed Craig yesterday and he said they now have stock but cant start shipping till next week :(

yeah they have stock,of course there the best supplier imho,
but craig and all would get in big trouble if they shipped it now

That's a shame. Normally I order from Play, but given the reputation the Movietyme guys have here for despatching new releases early, I joined up and placed my order for ROTS.

Hopefully next week means Monday.

Doesnt usually stop them though, they were shipping the Star Wars Trilogy Boxset last year 2 or 3 weeks before release but I guess this time Fox want to make sure no one has a copy early and have taken steps.

yeah its my understanding that they have signed some sort of document so to stop them shipping early,im sure craig will post here to clarify

:( Not good news. Twas in the back of my mind this was going to happen. Id say Ill have to cancel my order and get it here on Friday. Theres always some shop in town thatll break the date

Won't the R2 look better than the R1? PAL vs NTSC? 576 vs 480? How did AOTC compare one region to the other PQ-wise?

:) d

Just saw this on HMV website if anyone is remotely interested.

To celebrate the launch of Star Wars - Revenge of The Sith on DVD, actor Anthony Daniels (aka C-3PO) will be meeting fans and signing copies of the DVD at HMV, 150 Oxford Street on Monday, 31st October. The event will start at 12.00pm with a photo call and Anthony talking to fans about the film, followed by a signing session starting at 12.30pm.

Please note that due to time constraints, we will only be able to allow 180 fans access to the queue to meet Anthony. Wristbands will be issued to fans on a first come first served basis from 9.00am on the day of the event. Only the Revenge Of The Sith DVDs will be signed, and there is a limit of only one item per person.

I met Anthony Daniels last year, nice bloke and happy to meet his fans.

Loaded247.comhave just emailed that they have it in stock and are shipping R1.

Should I cancel my order with movietyme?

Fordy said:
Loaded247.comhave just emailed that they have it in stock and are shipping R1.

Should I cancel my order with movietyme?

This could be the Canadian version...

Weell Heello Craig!

Tell me some good news then....

Fordy said:
Weell Heello Craig!

Tell me some good news then....

Just arrived and we are now starting to process it for shipping out next week.

Now i have to run off to see Dio tonight in Brum.. :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom