1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revenge of the Sith - problems

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by cinemagary, May 25, 2005.

1. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    It is a real shame that so many people have been disappointed for many reasons with the screenings all over the country. I saw it at the Filmworks in Manchester Digitally projected in Screen 12 :)
    I was fortunate and did not experience anything that detracted from the overall presentation the sound and picture were excellent, the lights came on before the cast hit the screen though :rolleyes: I suppose we will have to wait for the DVD to experience it again for the first time :confused:

2. beng

beng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw it last week at Cineworld in Luton and could not believe what I was hearing or watching. It took a member of staff to alert the projectionist to the fact he was showing the film in the wrong aspect ratio. What a gimp. Add that to the confusing sound mix and you have one poxy viewing experience.

Not at all a happy bunny. Looking forward to the DVD though as the film was ace anyway :clap:

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204

Providing that the DVD is well transfered of course, I mean if they cant get the cinema picture and sound right, what hope does a mass produced DVD have?

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    My viewing was excellent, as I posted in the other thread about it. Screen 8 at Bath Odeon for anyone that's interested. :)

5. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Dave, I think it is more about the people employed within 'franchise' cinemas who simply would not know panavision, from panasonic and surround sound is something these kids have with Jamo exhausts on. Long gone are the days of dedicated projectionists priding themelves on the film being shown.

Seriously, I have lost count of how many times I complained about aspect ratio and sound at Bristol Cineworld, so I started going to Showcase, only to get beaten up :suicide: (an old boring story, all in the past)

Now I go to the oldest cinema in Bristol, next to my office which seems to be gimp free, though does have a ghost who likes to sit next to you :eek: :D

As for the DVD, to paraphrase Yoda. "mmmmm, good it looks" :cool:

Pete.

6. Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    I'm going to see this at Cineworld in Bristol on Tuesday night.

Wish me luck everybody. :thumbsup:

I don't hold out much hope. It will only be £3.50 though.

7. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Good luck Sick Boy. Keep us 'posted' :D

May the force b...blah blah blah!!!!

Pete.

8. Mr Merrick

Mr Merrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Saw it at Odeon Leicester Square. I had high hopes when I saw the "Dolby Digital Cinema" logo in all its glory as it was a digital presentation. The picture was excellent, but I've always had a problem with the sound in the Odeon. The treble is very shrill and so sharp it almost cuts your head off. I saw Terminator 3 there as well with the same problem and thought the projectionist was having a laff. Thank god THX remaster the DVD releases for the home environment. The DVD should be awesome, and it may even be introduced onto some sort of HD-DVD or Blu-Ray format.

:oops: I forgot... We waited long enough for the originals to arrive on DVD, so I think we're in for a wait for Star Wars in High Definition. Think I'll have a nap :boring: