Revel

Jima4a

Established Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that there does not seem to be any talk on this line here. I did an in home audition of the Ultima Studio2s along with my current Kef Reference (205/2) several years back. If my room would have been slightly bigger, I might have went that direction. IMO, the Studio2s had the better tweeter but the 205/2s had better bass response in my room - front port vs bottom port. The centre channel size is what really drove my decision. Revel seems to make great performers at all three levels they compete in: Ultima2, Performa3 and Concerta2.

I think that as a US brand it great, but like many things US they don't alway translate into a UK brand.

So many great speakers out there too

I know they're not everyone's hi-fi mag of choice, but the Concerta2 M16s won the best £800-1200 speaker in the What Hi-Fi awards last year. And rightly so. I can't see them not doing well over here, as they're not a million miles away from KEF's R Series from a tonal point of view (sound different of course, as all speakers do).

While i take anything what hi-fi with a pinch of salt, i sure they are good speakers.

Ive not heard the Concerta2 M16s and while they may great they do compete in a very competitive market area, if we only consider KEF with AV wise the R300 and Stereo wise the LS50s it can be seen its a hard market to crack.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom