Revel M20, B&W 805 and Monitor GR 10

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by boschtb, Aug 21, 2002.

1. boschtb

boschtb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to decide between the Revel M20, B&W 805 and Monitor Audio GR 10. I have been unable to listen to them side by side, and am having a very difficult time selecting. I am looking for a speaker that is not too picky about placement and performs relatively well off-axis. Any insight into these three would be much appreciated - I am also looking for a good amp to match and am considering Proceed, Anthem and Bryston. Thanks.

2. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those speakers cover a wide range of prices, so price is not your main concern...

I don´t like metal tweeters, but I have not listened to most, so it is what you like that matters, a friend just listened to the Revels and was impressed...

Listen to Dynaudio Contour 1.1 or 1.3 too, or to Sonus Faber EAII, what I have, but no one can choose speakers for you...

As for powers, Bryston easy...

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Where do you live?

We keep the N805 on demo and have previously had various Revel speakers. We did a large system demo last year with the 805, 802 and HTM1, against a Revel system comprising Ultima Studio, Voice and Embrace. The Revel B15 subwoofer and Proceed AVP, PMDT, HPA2/3 were used throughout.

The B&W system was far better than the Revels for music, and the Revels shaded it for films.

Personnally I would go for the B&W N805. (Unless you can afford to go for the newer N805 Signature £2250).