reuse wall mount?

Beemer3

Standard Member
I have a 50" Pioneer Kuro Elite (heavy plasma) and intend to replace it with a Panasonic TX-65JZ1500B. The pioneer has two very sturdy horizontal wall brackets whose wooden battens were specially positioned behind a cavity wall. I'm just interested to know if anyone has managed to mount a 65" Panasonic on such a mount or has made a conversion mount?

Beemer3

Standard Member
Sorry I think I was being over optimistic. I'll manage to use the existing straps and buy a pull out Vesa 300x300 mount for the new TV.

mikej

It depends on the type of bracket - if it was a bracket intended for use with a variety of different TVs then you might be able to re-use it, provided it accommodates the weight and VESA spacings of the new TV. (Brackets usually have a recommended screen-size range and it would be advisable not to stray too far outside this, though). If it was a proprietary type solely intended for your particular Pioneer plasma, then possibly not. A photo of it or link might help people to advise.

Just be aware that the mounting holes on most OLEDs are lower than a typical plasma or LCD so the OLED may end up higher up the wall than your old plasma, although some brackets (particularly this type) have vertical struts with many holes that allow for some adjustment to correct this.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom