Question Returns on digital games

mose72

Hi

I purchased fallout 4 from cd keys and I am asking for a refund as the game is not working on my machine, even though it meets and exceeds the minimum specs requirements.

CD keys are stating they don't issue refunds on digital games. Where do I stand in this regard?

TIA.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
I know it doesn't answer your question but have you posted your problem in the FO4 thread?

kscottsafc

I know its no help to you but I suppose from their point of view the code works and they have delivered their side of the deal which is a working code for FO4.

They cannot accept a return as they have no way of removing this from your steam account so if they refunded you you would essentially be getting the game for free.

Do you get any sort of error etc. when you are trying to run the game?

garnat

I can't imagine you have much chance of a refund, as the game works for the majority of people the issue will lie with your system. Try a clean re-install of windows and then get all the latest drivers sorted.

mose72

I can't imagine you have much chance of a refund, as the game works for the majority of people the issue will lie with your system. Try a clean re-install of windows and then get all the latest drivers sorted.
Well that is one suggestion I guess. It seems a drastic one since all the other games are working as is everything else.

I downloaded borderlands the other day and that works fine, as does titannfall, elite, crysis etc. If you look on the bethesda forums there are 1500 threads on software and hardware issues so it is T as if it is localised to my pc....

I have the latest drivers, it's the second install of the game too. I have removed the geforce experience and loaded just the drivers. I have followed the instructions on the bethesda site regarding pc crashes.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Have you tried all the usual things like uninstall and reinstall the drivers. Load up the game with your anti virus turned off.

Last edited:

richardb70

Distinguished Member
If you google "0xc000007b" you'll see people have been through all this with other games, and there are load of solutions which you can try. It's not FO4 that's at fault, though.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
No but I'll have a look at that. Cheers.
Good luck! Some people have fixed it using chkdsk, or upgrading their .NET framework, or removing a DLL. Looks like this particular error can be caused by a few different things. Let us know!

mose72

Cheers all. Will do.

mose72

I have got it going, took a full reinstall. Not played it since....!

richardb70

Distinguished Member
@brightonrvf, how did you fix it? Might be useful to post your solution for future folks.

mose72

I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows and everything else.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom