Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Returns at DVDSoon

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by stevegreen, Oct 31, 2003.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    I settled down to watch the final installment of the Indiana Jones Trilogy last night but my R1 disc faultered at chapter 8 and just wouldn't play through the scene.

The disc was supplied by DVDSoon so i went on to the website and followed the returns procedure. However, when i clicked the final button to issue a notification, the url was unavailable.

I emailed them last night, providing both the order number and UID number but have not received a response from them yet.

Has anyone ever returned discs to DVDSoon, if so, how did you get on?

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I was once sent a disc that I had informed them (via e-mail) that I no longer required, though I received no reply to this initial contact - their website was, at the time, undergoing a big revamp thus making on-line cancellation unavailable for a while.

I e-mailed them again to inform them that I would be returning the disc, and received both a reply to that e-mail and refund shortly after they had received the disc (including a refund of the return postal costs).

3. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    Thanks Confucius, hopefully when they get back to me all will be well then :)

4. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with disk 3 of indiana jones from DVD Soon, about chapter 4 / 5 it started stuttering and cutting out etc etc, i ran a lense cleaner through the DVD player and it then played back perfectly :)

worth a try before u return

5. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +683
    DVD Soon replied promptly when disc 2 of my Vicar of Dibley failed!
    They want me to return just the disc (not the others)!
    Good service!

6. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    Well, with the postal dispute and postage costs I have invested in a DVD lens cleaner so I will see what that does before proceeding.

I am always very sceptical about cleaning products though :suicide: I'll try it and report back!

7. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its surprising how easily lenses can get dirty and clogged up with dust, just from the disks having a small amount of dust on it, or like me leaving the DVD tray open so dust can settle on it (gota stop doing that)

A lense cleaner is a very simple but efective device nothing to worry about there :)