Returning to Xbox after many years…

tpr007

I was a regular on Xbox for the whole Xbox and 360 generations.
I was then on ps4 and haven’t used Xbox since then.

Xbox comes tomorrow and I need the heads up:

best deal for game pass.
Any free games worth downloading.
Cash is limited until I get a new job. (Treated myself to the series S for finishing my pgce.)

King Tones

Distinguished Member
If you have not been on Xbox for a few years then you should have the option to sign up to Game Pass Ultimate for £1 for a Month I think.
Now what you could do is sign up for Xbox Gold for a year or 2/3 and then sign up to Game Pass Ultimate for £1 and it converts the Gold to GPU which would then have you covered for a year or longer, max 3 years.

Free game wise then there is quite a few but if you were to sign up to Games Pass then you will have access to something like 400+ Games.

Free Games - Top free games - Microsoft Store

Game Pass Info - Join Xbox Game Pass: Discover Your Next Favourite Game | Xbox

Game Pass Games - Game Pass Counter | Games on Xbox Game Pass

tebbo65

If you have not been on Xbox for a few years then you should have the option to sign up to Game Pass Ultimate for £1 for a Month I think.
Now what you could do is sign up for Xbox Gold for a year or 2/3 and then sign up to Game Pass Ultimate for £1 and it converts the Gold to GPU which would then have you covered for a year or longer, max 3 years.

Free game wise then there is quite a few but if you were to sign up to Games Pass then you will have access to something like 400+ Games.

Free Games - Top free games - Microsoft Store

Game Pass Info - Join Xbox Game Pass: Discover Your Next Favourite Game | Xbox

Game Pass Games - Game Pass Counter | Games on Xbox Game Pass

tebbo65

Sorry to hijack the thread a wee bit. I too got an XSX after not owning xbox for a few years.
I did the Game Pass Ultimate offer £1 for three months. Will I be able to do something similar to what you suggest when it expires or have I blown it?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hijack the thread a wee bit. I too got an XSX after not owning xbox for a few years.
I did the Game Pass Ultimate offer £1 for three months. Will I be able to do something similar to what you suggest when it expires or have I blown it?

When it expires you should be able to do it but it will cost you a full month so £10.99.
Mine expires in a few months so will be doing the same, this conversion has been running for nearly 2 years now so should not be going anywhere anytime soon I hope.

tebbo65

When it expires you should be able to do it but it will cost you a full month so £10.99.
Mine expires in a few months so will be doing the same, this conversion has been running for nearly 2 years now so should not be going anywhere anytime soon I hope.
Perfect thank you.
So to confirm, I buy 3 years worth of Gold then a month of GPU and I'm good for 3 years GPU?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Perfect thank you.
So to confirm, I buy 3 years worth of Gold then a month of GPU and I'm good for 3 years GPU?

Yes, make sure you don't turn on Auto Renew for a Free Month, as it has to be max 3 years and when you apply a Sub of Gold normally it says " Turn On Auto Renew for a Bonus Month"

Obviously also at the time check the deal is still live with the upgrade, can't see any reason why it wouldn't be.

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Before you do Ultimate, best way is to stack upto 3 years of xbox live gold, then buy ultimate, it will convert however much you've stacked

Edit. Can see its been mentioned now

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Yes, make sure you don't turn on Auto Renew for a Free Month, as it has to be max 3 years and when you apply a Sub of Gold normally it says " Turn On Auto Renew for a Bonus Month"

Obviously also at the time check the deal is still live with the upgrade, can't see any reason why it wouldn't be.
I did this for my mate last week, got 3 years GPU for around £80!!

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I did this for my mate last week, got 3 years GPU for around £80!!

Yeah mine expires next month, going to grab 3 years of Brazil Gold I think.

Mine had been ticking over with the EA Play Sub deals but those don't work anymore so Gold it is.

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Yeah mine expires next month, going to grab 3 years of Brazil Gold I think.

Mine had been ticking over with the EA Play Sub deals but those don't work anymore so Gold it is.
Yeah that's what I did for him. I tend to just top mine up with cheap Ultimate codes now. Crazy value!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom