Returning to Sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by GarethRamsay, Mar 27, 2003.

1. GarethRamsay

GarethRamsay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well after NTL p%*"ing me about for too long I've decided I have no option but to return to Sky, and when this is the lesser of two evils you know things are bad at NTL.

It's been a while since I had a Digibox from them and am not really up-to-speed with the latest boxes. what I really want is one with S-Video out, so I can connect it through my AV amp. Do any have this?

Also, can anyone recommend any fitters in South West London that will give you a choice on your box?

Thanks for any help,

Gareth

2. sanderton

sanderton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only Sky+ has S-Video output.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Along with the PACE SKY+ the Grundig GDS210/2, GDS310/2 and 3000 models have a s-video connection.

Don't forget if you have already received a subsidised installation you will not get another unless you can fool SKY into thinking you haven't had one before. Otherwise any satellite installer/shop will sell you any box you want at retail price.

The CAI have a searchable member list for installers affiliated to their organisation.

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Grundig boxes mentioned are now obsolete and the Thomson replacement does not have S-Video. If you are lucky, you might find a dealer with a Grundig box left in stock but you may need to buy a used one.

Fman

5. GarethRamsay

GarethRamsay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the replies. I've moved house since my last Sky installation and I can get this one in my partner's name so Sky will be none the wiser.

So I guess it's Sky+ or nothing, unless of course I can find an old box for sale somewhere. Are these old Grundig boxes OK, do you know? I know some of the older boxes were terrible on the menus, taking an age to refresh pages.