1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning to Sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by GarethRamsay, Mar 27, 2003.

1. GarethRamsay

GarethRamsay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well after NTL p%*"ing me about for too long I've decided I have no option but to return to Sky, and when this is the lesser of two evils you know things are bad at NTL.

It's been a while since I had a Digibox from them and am not really up-to-speed with the latest boxes. what I really want is one with S-Video out, so I can connect it through my AV amp. Do any have this?

Also, can anyone recommend any fitters in South West London that will give you a choice on your box?

Thanks for any help,

Gareth

2. sanderton

sanderton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only Sky+ has S-Video output.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Along with the PACE SKY+ the Grundig GDS210/2, GDS310/2 and 3000 models have a s-video connection.

Don't forget if you have already received a subsidised installation you will not get another unless you can fool SKY into thinking you haven't had one before. Otherwise any satellite installer/shop will sell you any box you want at retail price.

The CAI have a searchable member list for installers affiliated to their organisation.

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Grundig boxes mentioned are now obsolete and the Thomson replacement does not have S-Video. If you are lucky, you might find a dealer with a Grundig box left in stock but you may need to buy a used one.

Fman

5. GarethRamsay

GarethRamsay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the replies. I've moved house since my last Sky installation and I can get this one in my partner's name so Sky will be none the wiser.

So I guess it's Sky+ or nothing, unless of course I can find an old box for sale somewhere. Are these old Grundig boxes OK, do you know? I know some of the older boxes were terrible on the menus, taking an age to refresh pages.