Returning to sky, does this seem a good deal?

newstuart

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i left sky in july last year and thought id have a look at comming back

Went on sky site and spoke via web chat to sales guy who offered the following package for £49 for 6 months and then £70 after but i can cancel sky movies and reduce the latter 6 months by £16.

I am doing this to keep the install and hardware after 12 months using freesat really as we dont get freeview very well as i live in the country (i sold the hardware last time round to move to freeview)

3 x standard sky hd boxes
Sky entertainment extra
Sky hd
Sky movies

He told me to sign up using my own name which didnt work as it shows i left within 12 months then said change surname to anything else and he will correct it which i have done ! I have copied / pasted all the dialogue confirming him telling me to do this

What do you think?

Hi mate

An offer is an offer up to you really if you think its good, from my own experience I had much better but its all down to who you speak to and your history with sky.

You could humm and arrrrr a bit to see if you can squeeze a bit more but it dont always work consider it like a game of poker ... whats your game face like?

best of luck

What are these "standard sky hd boxes"?:confused:
The expression usually refers to the receivers that they issue for multiroom installations.
Don't you want a PVR at all, and does the charge include 2 multiroom subscriptions?
Whether it's a good deal depends on the details, but you can easily work out what the normal charge would be:
Sky TV - Sky TV Packages | Sky Products
If you want Freesat after the twelve months you'll need to buy a FS machine at the time.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I am doing this to keep the install and hardware after 12 months using freesat really

What do you think?

You could get proper 3 proper Freesat PVRs and dish installed for less than you'll pay in subs in that first year... :D

If you want the crippled FreesatFromSky, 1 years Sky viewing and/or the chance to keep subscribing in future then I guess it makes some sense.

Just had Sky installed yesterday, with the Sky World entertainment package -

Sky entertainment "+" channels.
All the Sky Movies
All the Sky Sports
HD Subscription
3D
Multi room with 2nd receiver "free".

Half price for 12 months = £43 per month.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom