Returning To Makro

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by kishan777, Jun 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kishan777

kishan777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i just recently purchased a Sony 46W4710 from Makro and noticed alot of clouding and thought the sound was too low. i bought the tv about 10days ago, would they give me a full refund eventhough i have opened the tv???... also still have all packaging plus manuals

2. kishan777

kishan777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also tv is in brand new condition still, cant tell its been switched on

3. kishan777

kishan777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone ??? :(

4. y2k

y2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Makro are very good at returning anything and that the reason why I try to buy from them, they will give you a refund or replacement if the product is faulty but if there is no fault then I dont know if they will do anything for you. I was in makro last week and I know that they normally have all the TV's they sell on display and I noticed that there were a couple of big sony TVs and was surprised that the picture was terrible on all of them.

5. kishan777

kishan777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok thanks i was hopping to buy another tv from else where, this is the return policy:
    Makro will give you a cash or credit refund for all unused products returned in the condition in which they were purchased (including all packaging, instruction manuals, remote controls etc) within 28 days of the date of purchase together with your Makro receipt for the products

So what do you recon.. will they give me a refund??
    :)

6. KUBBY

KUBBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    Hi,

I think that this set is the same as the W4500 series.If you Google (a verb already) either model number,you will see several results complaining of the same thing.There are discussions on other (obviously lesser,) Forums which I'm sure you could point the staff at Macro toward should they hesitate.

Sony went through a rather bad phrase during which Clouding became a very Popular issue. (they weren't the only manufacturer in this regard ) which you obviously weren't aware of when you bought the set.

Good Luck,

KH

7. y2k

y2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    If the picture is bad then they probably will, you could always ring them before hand and tell them what the problem is and you will know if its a waste of time bringing it down or not but I have never been turned down when returning anything to makro in the past, don't know about your local but the one nearest where I live (Belfast) has a lot of discounted TV's that are either ex-display or are tv's that have been returned for one reason or another.