• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Returning Sony V3000

W

welshman213

Comet can say whatever they like on their website, thart doesn't make it so. I work in retail support for a major sat nav company I can can tell you categorically that any electronics device purchased in the UK can be returned to your retailer for a refund or an exchange within 28 days of purchase regardless of wether it is defective or not. You have your reasons for being unhappy with it, you can take it back. Our agents deal with customers daily who are told th same thing by the likes of Comet and Curry's but the law is the law and they have to take it. Try insisting and if that fails..call Sony and I'm sure that they will tell you the same thing.

Thought I would start another thread instead of filling up the calibration thread.
Basically bought a v3000 last tuesday, not happy with the fuzzy picture and occasional purple motion blur.
Was going to take it back to Comet, to be told that no, not possible, its been open.

RMF1,

Having searched the web this morning, looking at the consumer law websites, as long as the TV is not faulty and only that I am not happy with itm they dont have to take it back> was what you are saying above refering to faulty goods?
and do people think that motion blur is accectable?

atsoc15

Thought I would start another thread instead of filling up the calibration thread.
Basically bought a v3000 last tuesday, not happy with the fuzzy picture and occasional purple motion blur.
Was going to take it back to Comet, to be told that no, not possible, its been open.

RMF1,

Having searched the web this morning, looking at the consumer law websites, as long as the TV is not faulty and only that I am not happy with itm they dont have to take it back> was what you are saying above refering to faulty goods?

I would get on to the trading standards site its the best place for accurate information like this one. Have a quick browse through the legislation and if you find the one that entitles you to take the tv back then print it off and take it into store.

I take it when you purchases the TV theres no signs that say you cant return something after its been open etc. As alot of retailer at extra stipulations to there sales contract and aslong as its clearly stated prior to your purchase then its perfectly legal for them to do so.

Secondly i actually dont get the problems your talking about on your set. Iv watched lots of freeview, several dvd's and hours and hours of ps3 playing and iv not had any (or not noticeable) motion blur. Not whats going to annoy me. Also my picture is really sharp and detailed

Christ

RMF1,

I presume you have read the return policy:

https://comet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...WRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzIxJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

Must admit I had a V3000 ordered through John Lewis (PS3 Deal) and I ended up cancelling it as I feared Id have the same problems as you, and many others.

Saying that some people seem happy, have you tried some of the settings posted on the other links??

Chris

punkymunky

Sony people are happy but then again some people don't give a fig as long as it fits in the corner of the room and has sony written on it.

In my view it's not fit for purpose, i.e. useless as a television, good luck and next time get a plasma

W

welshman213

Cheers guys, Yes tried multiple settings, including the current ones which are from the W3000 configuration, thought I would give those a try, and were a bit better.

RMF1

Sony people are happy but then again some people don't give a fig as long as it fits in the corner of the room and has sony written on it.

In my view it's not fit for purpose, i.e. useless as a television, good luck and next time get a plasma

I agree wholeheartedly, if they are all as bad as mine was.

Welshman, I think that at this point you need to call comet again and insist that they take it back..failing that call Sony and get their take on it.

W

welshman213

I agree wholeheartedly, if they are all as bad as mine was.

Welshman, I think that at this point you need to call comet again and insist that they take it back..failing that call Sony and get their take on it.

Cheers RMF, Just debating whether or not to give them the chance to come out and "TRY" to fix it?

degville

Standard Member

Care to elaborate? I don't know what your beef is with Sony just another company out to make money in my view however if you have issues with this tv then can you let us know what they are?

W

welshman213

Again,

Spoken with Comet, No return without inspection, and have to take it back to the original store.
God they try to make it as difficult as possible.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom