Returning Polaroid, replace with what?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by gaja, Dec 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. gaja

gaja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm so disappointed with the picture quality on my Polaroid 3232 I'm going to return it and get something else. I just don't know what to replace it with. My problem with the Polaroid was the picture was terrible when there were a lot of areas of small white - like the crowd's faces when watching football or someone wearing a dark shirt with light stripes - the area would flash very noticably (Gary Lineker's shirt on Match of the day Saturday night!).

I'm guessing all LCD's don't do this. Others on this forum have said they were unhappy with the picture as well.

My budget will stretch to £700 if I can get something from the Currys group so I can get the half price Sky HD offer if not my top end is about £550 poss £600.

I'm not overly bothered about sound but I want a good picture using regular sky and HD and a good picture on a regular DVD.

These look ok from Currys website but I would appreciate any advice about how good they really are (the Polaroid looked good to me until I turned it on...)

Toshiba 32WLT66 £639.00
    SAMSUNG LE32R72BX £629.99
    LG 32LX2R £619.00
    Toshiba 32WLT66 £639.00
    PHILIPS 32PF5531D £664.95

Thanks

2. gaja

gaja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I replaced the Polaroid with the Toshiba 32WLT66 which I am much happier with, the picture quality is far better.