1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

returning Pace twin to Argos?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by SNICK, Feb 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Just wondered if anyone has successfully returned their Pace twin to Argos after a good few months? I've had mine 11 months - and I'm fed up with the constant zero recordings/freezing up etc. :mad:

Wondered if I take it back whether they'll offer me an exchange for a fusion 150 perhaps? :confused:

any thoughts?

2. traxmaster

traxmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Argos never quibble about refunding a product if its faulty or doesn't work as it should providing as you have your receipt.

I suggest you get a full refund first then buy the FVRT150 so you have a new reciept with no history of the pace exchange.

In a few weeks when the FVRT200 comes out, you may find something with the 150 you are not happy and at that point you could again get another refund.

With this refund you may then want to get the FVRT200.

3. Bilboo

Bilboo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I recently returned a Pace to Argos two weeks short of one year, and after initially offering me a FVRT150 (which I rejected as I believe it's quite noisy) they gave me a full refund.

Like yourself I grown tired of all the missed recordings and lock-ups, but I was quite surprised they offered me the refund, I thought they may have wanted to try and repair it first (I know you can't by the way, but a lot of these places arn't that tech savvy).

Now ordered the impending Panasonic model so hoping that will be released soon

Cheers

4. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    thanks guys for the feedback

In desperation, and tempted by the cheap price (129 quid) bought a Humax 8000T (40gb) from Curry's. It was complete PANTS :suicide: versus the Pace - recording was a pain - only 1 tuner (u really miss 2 when you've had them) - and I couldn't switch of the poxy subtitles :confused: - took it back after 2 hours!! - ok the Pace has it's issues - but I'll stick with it till something better - and I mean better comes out.

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You hit the nail on the head, the Twin may be a little unreliable (mine has been fine apart from May04)

Its usability is superb and is a lesson to all the other PVR makers

6. Bilboo

Bilboo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got to agree, there's nothing out there (at least not yet) to touch the Pace in terms of functionality, unfortunately I felt it was just getting too unreliable to keep hold of.

I did mail Pace before returning the unit to see if any future upgrades would solve the outstanding issues but the answer was a bit vague. Personally I felt £200 was too much to spend in something which was so unreliable.

I'm just hoping the Panasonic ticks all the boxes plus is a reliable unit.

Cheers