Returning my Xbox to Microsoft

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Michael229, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Michael229

Michael229
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well ladies and gentleman I am disappointed to announce that my xbox has just died. It passed away quietly with its loved ones around it. Played Burnout (it rocks by the way) and the system froze. Now it freezes about every 5 minutes.

Microsoft are sending me the coffin and I hope to give it a good christian burial. My xbox in its last will and testament ,expressly requests that no flowers be sent to the funeral. Instead please make any donations to its favourite charity - The Society of Inept Microsoft engineers. I only ask that in this difficult time, you give me time and space to grieve.

The guy on the phone told me that I only have to send the unit. Not the PSU or hard drive. I thought I would need to send the PSU. Do you think that is right or he told me the wrong thing?

2. Kipal

Kipal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey mate, mine also passed away on friday, the guy on phone told me to return the console only, no wires or anything. Wasnt sure whether or not to send HD too, i saw no reason, but i think you answered that question for me. Btw do you know how long this process takes?

Hopefully, but knowing my luck, it wont be back in time for oblivions release!

Oh yeah, and will they replace it for fix it btw? i have same problems as you.

3. triplea4uk

triplea4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Only the unit itself they take or swap you would of been better of taking it to shop you got it from and getting refund or exchange.

4. delucep

delucep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    when mine went back i sent the psu, as they asked for it...

Got the same psu back but a new 360...

took about 7 days in total.

5. jayd

jayd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,554
    You lot should try taking it to a shop first. Game swapped mine over no problems what so ever, so I was only without a 360 for a matter of hours.

6. Kipal

Kipal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Game said they didnt have any in stock so am stuck with this sending back thing.

7. jayd

jayd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,554
    where are you? There are usually a few games in each area. Thing to do is, phone game and just enquire if they have stocks of 360's don't tell them you want one swapped and you may find stock magically appears and they are geeting a few deliveries any week containing 360's. Give it a go.

8. triplea4uk

triplea4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Get a refund if they don't have any in stock then go buy it from another place.

9. Kipal

Kipal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hehe got some good luck there, just been down to the local store and got it replaced, musta got new stock in today.