Quantcast

Returning my LCD...to get a PLASMA...

Mornez

Standard Member
Just got a 42 inch, 120hz, 1080p Panasonic LCD. It has a great picture for slow moving scenes...but during faster scenes...I see strange pixilization around the borders of people. Especially if the person walks past certain objects. Also...the weak "off angle" viewing is annoying.
I plan to get a 42 inch Panasonic Plasma...but I have a few questions...

1) Do 1080p Plasmas get the "soap opera" effect? I didn't notice it on the 720p plasmas.

2) Some Panasonic Plasmas I saw in certain stores looked dark and dull...Why? Is it because of their low glare screens?

3) I want a 42 inch Panasonic G25...Does it use the new Pioneer tech? Should I wait for a 42 inch V series model? Should I wait for a model that uses Pioneer tech?

4) Why don't big name stores like SEARS and Best Buy have the 42 inch Panasonic G25 models?

To fix your problem, turn off "Intelligent Frame Creation" or "24p Smooth Film" if your TV lets you.

1. The "soap opera effect" is dependent on the video processing, not the display technology, but it's more often seen on LCDs.

2. Because of the bright store lighting. They put out more than enough light for home use.

3 & 4. Not sure - this is a UK based site.

Mornez

Standard Member
Thanks for the info. David. I'm posting from the U.S.

I hear Panasonic and Samsung have bad customer service. Do you know if this is true?

How is the customer service with companies like LG and others?

Thanks for the info. David. I'm posting from the U.S.

I hear Panasonic and Samsung have bad customer service. Do you know if this is true?

How is the customer service with companies like LG and others?
I don't know how Panasonic UK, Samsung UK, Panasonic USA, Samsung USA, etc do for customer service, but you'll likely get a faster response on a forum like this or AVS Forum.