returning my 40v3000

gritbox

ok, i got my lcd from digital-direct and im not that impressed overall. welll, not enough to justify the money spent. i think id be better downgrading in size to the 32w3000 as it'll improve the quality overall.

as agony aunts everywhere say, quality over quanitity!!

anyway, ive had it for 2 weeks...can i return it ok?

the hd quality just isnt good enough and the bleed from the backlight is really poor too, is this enough of a reason to return it?

i got it on buy now pay 9 months later so does anyone know if that complicates anything either?

thanks guys

Curly99

Distinguished Member
ok, i got my lcd from digital-direct and im not that impressed overall. welll, not enough to justify the money spent. i think id be better downgrading in size to the 32w3000 as it'll improve the quality overall.

as agony aunts everywhere say, quality over quanitity!!

anyway, ive had it for 2 weeks...can i return it ok?

the hd quality just isnt good enough and the bleed from the backlight is really poor too, is this enough of a reason to return it?

i got it on buy now pay 9 months later so does anyone know if that complicates anything either?

thanks guys
Normally if you bought online your given 7 days in which you can return item with no questions asked, though saying that some store will have there own time period which obviouslty is longer, you need to call digital-direct and see what there return policy is, maybe the backlight bleed might be a good enough reason... as for the finance you'll have to speak to who ever you got the finance off to see where you stand.

Curly

mk-donald

Novice Member

HD quality is GLORIOUS on my 40v3000. Be interesting to know from what perspective you meant "Isn't good enough".

The "bleed from the backlight is really poor" you would need to have recognised as a fault. Probably best to take some photographs to demonstrate the fault.

Under the Distance Selling Regulations you had 7 working days (Mon-Fri, not B/hols) to examine the goods and reject them - count your days - maybe you're within that period still ?

Otherwise faults present within the first 6 months are presumed by law to be present at sale and it is for the retailer to prove they weren't. An item promptly found to be faulty (eg within the first month) can be rejected and a refund required, not a replacement/repair.

Anyone who provided you with credit over £100 is ALSO liable to you for your rights. So if the retailer "plays hard to get" then you may decide to go after the credit provider under CCA74-S75 instead.

Try the links in the right margin of this for the trader's view
http://www.berr.gov.uk/consumers/buying-selling/sale-supply/supply-of-goods-services/page8628.html

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom