1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning cameras & lenses

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by martynk, May 3, 2005.

1. martynk

martynk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picked this up on the filter thread & I'm curious. Do Jessups and other UK stores let you buy, try for a few days and return cameras/lenses if you don't like them? How does this work - is it a straight refund, credit note or do you pay a penalty fee? What do they do with returned stock - presumably they can't sell it as new? I live in South Africa, and can't imagine any of our dealers doing anything but fall around laughing if you asked for this sort of service! Most of them lose any, limited, interest they might have shown in the customer once the sale is finalised.

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Yes - Jessops do a 30 day no quibble returns policy, straight refund. No idea what they do with the reurned stock, but I'd guess some of it is sold as new.

I returned a Nikkor lens to Jessops last month after a fortnight, and they refunded me without question.

3. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I took my canon 16-35 back on sunday.. There is a clause that they wont return something that has been ordered unless it's faulty but they may even bend for that

4. martynk

martynk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm envious! Been thinking about a D70 for some time, but keep putting it off because they're very expensive here (about 1,200 quid), I'm not sure about the small/dim viewfinder and lack of proper MF capability, and I don't know anyone who owns one, so that I could borrow it to try in my own applications, but I'd buy one tomorrow if I had the reassurance of being able to return it if it didn't work out.